Prologue

"Violet!" I yell angrily into the house the moment the doors open up.

I can hear a rustling coming from up the stairs, so I follow it. I need this bitch out of my house right this instant. I refuse to let her do this to me and let her think she can get away with it.

When I walk into our bedroom I see her in this red dress that teases others with just enough of her to think that they might have a chance before seeing me already on her arm. She's leaning down in front of a mirror applying lipstick, which sticks her beautiful ass out just right.

As she moves to stand up she says, "Sorry if I'm running late baby. It took me forever to convince Sara to leave today, but I've got some huge news to tell you!" She finishes as if she won the lottery.

Suspicion floods my mind as thoughts of her cheating on me chase themselves. When she finally turns to face me, I regain my senses and without thinking I throw the pictures of her onto the bed telling her the words I've been thinking all day long. "I want a divorce. Here are the papers you agreed to in the prenuptial, I've already signed. Now get the hell out of my house you cheating bitch."

"But James!" She sobs out while grabbing my arm.

I wrench it away in disgust and walk out the door, calling out, "You have one hour before I call the guards and have you escorted out by force."

Marching straight to my bar, I grab whatever bottle is closest and pour a huge glass of it.

I just don't understand how she could do this to me. She is… was my reason for being and I thought I was hers, but… I guess I wasn't enough.

Shit! I throw my empty glass against the wall. Tears flow down my face, but I don't even acknowledge them. My one and only. My wife… the woman I wanted a family with... just destroyed any chance of happiness we had.

An hour later I clean myself up in the mirror and storm out of the room to make sure she’s gone for good. Unfortunately, the bitch was waiting in the living room with her bags packed sitting beside her.

A glare sits on my face, “Get the fuck out!”

Her face is red with tears, but I don’t care what she’s feeling right now. She did this to herself. “Fine. I just wanted to give you this. Not that you’d ever read it, but I needed to write it.” She hands me the divorce papers and a sealed envelope that has a huge lump in it. Then she walked out struggling with her bags. No fight, no anger, just silence.

Once she’s out the door I collapse onto the couch in despair letting the tears flood my eyes once more.

Several hours later, my front door opens and someone walks in without knocking. I don’t even move from my position on the couch, but based on the heels it’s Kaya, my little sister.

The moment she sees me, she freezes. “What the hell James! What are you doing passed out on the couch? We were supposed to be getting dinner together an hour ago! Wait, where’s Violet?”

Groaning, I sit up, but a throb from my headache makes me grab my head in pain. “I’m divorcing her. She’s gone.”

“Well good riddance. I’m assuming that you saw my present this morning then. You don’t deserve to have someone who would willingly put you through all this pain.” She says in disgust.

I growl instinctually, “That girl was my one love. I won’t ever find someone who will make me feel as loved as she did.”

Kaya rolls her eyes in annoyance, “She cheated on you James. She willing went to another man for sex instead of you. How could you say that she’s your one love?”

Sighing, I lie back into the cushions on the couch, “Doesn’t change how I felt about Violet. I thought we were getting ready to start a family. I wanted her to be the mother to my children.”

“James! Get your ass up off that couch and go get changed. We’re going out. You need to get your mind off this bitch.” She declares while pulling me up from the couch and pushing me to the stairs.