Ch. 31

Ghost's POV AKA G

So my kids' best friends were kidnapped. Well shit.

How am I supposed to break this to them? They were literally just here two days ago and when the triplets don't show up to school they'll beg me to take them to their house to check on them.

G get a grip. First talk to James.

I lead him over to the couch again and everyone surrounds us this time. "So first off, I would like to say that it was a good thing you came to us instead of the police. If I'm being blunt, you would never have found them if you had called the police."

He sighs, "Well they obviously had connections in the department too because how else would they be free right now. And I refuse to give them a reason to kill any of the triplets." As he talks his defeated expression turns more and more stone cold as if he was willing to kill everyone for those kids.

"Alright down to business. We know who took the kids, however they have a few different places where they could be holding them. Tonight my team will do some reconnaissance," I explain to him.

James nods his head sadly, "Let me guess... It was either from the bookie Trent or he found himself a new guy."

"New guy. Way more dangerous. Way more risky." I reply bluntly. "He just moved here from California and is doing way more business than a normal new guy should feel comfortable doing. He's also a lawyer so he manages to get out of every attempt authorities have made to keep him locked up."

"And how long do you think it'll take for you to get them back?" James asks. His eyes are pleading with me to say any minute, but his voice is cold as if he's holding everything back.

"James, it's going to take me a few days. I can't just send people in blindly, but I will make sure that they're safe." I do my best to comfort him, but I am the absolute worst at this part of my job. Usually one of the others takes the initiative to comfort.

He bows his head sadly, "I understand."

Thankfully Chris claps a hand onto his shoulder, "Cheer up bro, you'll have them back soon."

Gaining everyone's attention, I announce, "Alright peeps, time to go. We need to stock up before our recon tonight."

My group nods, but James gets this dangerous look in his eyes, "Can I come with?"

"No." My voice darkens and becomes more authoritarian.

Chris pulls James to look at him, "We are going to stay here tonight so that they don't think you are planning anything against them."

"We will see you boys later," I say.

I give Chris a nod as I catch his eye, before walking out the door.

Everyone else says their goodbyes and follows me to the car. For appearance sake, I swiftly turn my head and call out behind me, "Tell the triplets I hope they get better soon! My kids are already missing them!"

James, knowing exactly what I'm doing yells back, "Will do! Thanks for stopping by to check on them! Sorry you couldn't see them!"

In the corner of my eye, I see a man sitting in his car relax.

Ugh, wish I could take him down, but he needed to feed some information to the mafia group. I mean, Charles is a great lawyer, but even he can't sway my judgment.

Once they've all made it into my car, I pull out of the street as fast as possible. "Le Renard, tell the kids please."

Everyone looks at me as if I just said Harry Potter flew over us on a broomstick, but Le Renard nods his head pulling out his phone.