⇒THIRTEEN

Aurelia||

Aurelia||

Reid breathed loudly beside me as I laid inside his bed. Tonight would be our first night sleeping inside his new apartment, and I wanted to make it special. I had a small candle lit for good luck before we both took showers and got ready for bed. Of course I made sure to blow it out, I'm too paranoid to leave it lit.

I turned to my side and put my hand across Reid forehead, feeling how hot he was. Oh god. I hope he wasn't getting sick.

He suddenly jolted out of his sleep, pushing my hand away and standing up, basically screaming at me. "Stop! Just fucking stop! God damnit!". I quickly stood up from bed, slowly making my way to the bottom as he stood on the other side. "Fuck, Aurelia. You can't just touch me in my sleep like that. You don't know what I've been through." He grouched.

I could feel my heart sank as I looked over at him, only being able to see a bit of him as it was dark inside his room. I went back on the other side of the bed and turned the small lamp on, seeing him wipe his head free of sweat. "I-I apologize. I thought you were having a bad dream so I wanted to wake you-"

"It doesn't matter. I've been through too much for you to touch me like that." He shook his head as he grabbed a pillow from his bed. "I'm sleeping on the couch." With one swift movement he left the room, softly closing the door behind him.

"Okay" I said softly. I'm sure he didn't hear me, not that I wanted him to anyways. I climbed back into his bed, pulling the covers all around me and feeling bad. Maybe I shouldn't have touched him in his sleep. He's been in an abusive relationship for years, who knows the things he's gone through. I just really want him to know that I am sorry. I didn't mean for him to react that way.

❀❀❀

Reid||

I sat up from the couch, crunching over and scrunching my face up as I felt the worst headache I've ever felt in my life. It was like everything was crashing in on me, my head being a brick wall. I looked up, seeing Aurelia sit a mug on a coaster on top of the coffee table.

"I used your new coffee maker. Apparently you can make tea" she peeled her cheeks back and moved to the couch on the opposite side of the room. I looked over at her, seeing her fiddle with her fingers. I softly patted the cushion next to me, signaling that I wanted her next to me. She got up and sat next to me, scooting a bit close.

With her hand against my forehead she sighed. "I think you're running a fever. You don't need this hot tea. I'm going to get you something cold". She got up and walked into the kitchen as I sat there, my head feeling like a bowling ball. She shortly came back with a icy, holding it towards me as she sat back down. I looked over at her, looking at her eyes. I could tell by the way she looked that she was still tired, but she had gotten up for me.

I leaned closer to her and attached my lips to hers. She stayed put for a moment, not making any movement before pulling away."you should eat your ice cream" she said softly. I could do nothing but nod as I opened the frozen treat. If she was mad at me, it was my fault.

I sucked a part of the icy before looking back at her. "I'm sorry about last night. I'm just a bit traumatized, but I did take it too far. I shouldn't have yelled at you and I shouldn't have left you there inside my bed to sleep on the couch. It was wrong" I said. I sucked on part of the icy as I waited for her response. When she didn't say anything I started to talk again.

"And I shouldn't have cursed at you. It was a dick move and I'm embarrassed" I nodded. She giggled as she grabbed my face, turning me towards her. She slowly came closer to me and kissed my lips before looking into my eyes.

"It's okay. But if it happens again I'll cut you". She stood up and my eyes followed her.

"Wait. Where are you going?" I asked.

She gave me a small giggle as she put her hand on her hip. "To work. I called off thinking you were sick but it's just a fever. Your body should calm after eating that" she nodded.

I shook my head. "Please don't go. I want cuddles. Wanna cuddle you all day. I don't have work today" I frowned.

She let out a soft sigh before giving in. "Okay. But only because you're sick."

❀❀❀

I sat on the couch with the remote in my hand as I looked behind me and at Aurelia who was standing in the kitchen. From the half wall I could only see her from the waist up, but I wanted to see more of her. It wasn't my fault that I would think of these things, I mean look at her. My nose flared from the Vicks vapor rub she had put on my nose and chest to help me 'breathe better'. She said that I had been breathing hard and she didn't want me to not be able to breathe.

"Need some help in there?" I yelled so she could hear me. She turned around and smiled to me, slowly shaking her head. I rolled my eyes once she turned around. She never wants me to do anything but relax, it doesn't matter what it is. She nearly does everything, stuff I've never had anyone else do.

With a slight breath I stood up, making my way into the kitchen. My arms subconsciously wrapped around her waist as I had pressed myself against her, putting my head on her shoulder.

"You know you look so sexy standing here, cookin'?". She let out a small giggle before lifting her hand to me and touching me face. When she pulled away she went back to cutting up the chicken. She wanted to cook some Parmesan chicken meal for me and of course I didn't say no. She really knows how to cook.

She slowly brung the knife down the middle of the chicken breast and sighed before smiling. I could tell by the way her cheeks curled that it was a gentle smile. "What are the odds that Anastasia is really pregnant and it's your baby?" She asked.

I sighed. "Well she sent me a picture of an ultrasound so I know that for sure, and the chances are slim but it could happen. I think she's telling the truth though..about it being mine. She's a horrible person and is capable of many things, but lying about a pregnancy would never cross her mind. If anything she would be trying to get the child's actual father in its life to take care of it. I don't even think she wants the thing".

Aurelia nodded as she breathed in. "And if it is yours?".

I shrugged. "Well we're going to take a dna test, but if it is mine I'll fight to get the baby away from her and take care of it." I said.

She smiled a bit more and grabbed the cutting board before moving over a bit to the other side of the counter. My grip loosened from her but I nonetheless was still touching her. When I finally let go she looked at me and gave me another smile.

"So she doesn't want it? What makes you say that?" She asked gently.

"Because she said it. She said that having a child so young will ruin her life so she wants to give it to me to raise, which is great if you ask me. She's a horrible woman and the child would grow up somewhere where it's not loved. There's nothing but love here"

She nodded and turned to me. "You're such a good man, Reid. Seriously, some men wouldn't even consider taking care of their child." She put the chicken onto a pan and began to spread cheese all over it. "I'll be here to help you. I'll get the things you need, and sometimes when you need to rest I'll let you. I won't abandon you, okay? You're a great man".

I smiled at her as I walked closer, receiving a kiss on the lips. I said this many times before, but I don't deserve her.

❀❀❀

"Spread your legs across my desk, will you?"