⇒ TWENTY ONE

Aurelia||

Aurelia||

After finishing up with my shower, I threw on a small shirt and some pajama shorts to sleep in. I called for Reid who I later heard was inside the kitchen. I like that he's gotten more comfortable here at my place. At first he would be scared to open the fridge and even asked each time he wanted to use the bathroom.

I walked into the kitchen to see Reid standing in front of the counter, his back facing me. I walked closer to him, pressing myself against his back and wrapping arms around his waist. He tensed up before relaxing and sighing as he looked to the side and at me. "Don't sneak up like that" he said through clenched teeth.

I loosened my grip around him. "Sorry" I muttered. He looked to the side and at me again before turning around and placing his hands on my waist.

He shook his head. "You just frightened me a bit, that's all." I nodded and laid my head on his chest as my hands grabbed onto his shirt, resting them at the hem.

"Can I show you what I did? For the baby?" I pressed my chin against his chest, seeing him nod. "Okay I just have to get my phone. He followed me into my bedroom where we both laid on the bed as I grabbed my phone and pulled the page up. "I made a baby registry." He looked at me weirdly and I frowned before realizing he had no clue what it was. "It's a page where people can see what the baby needs. Car seat, stroller, bottles, covers, and many other things. They can buy them for you" I said.

He nodded as he pulled me closer, taking my phone from my hand. "Yeah but I can buy this stuff myself babe" he said.

"I know" I nodded and he looked down at me. "You deserve a baby shower. I invited a bunch of people and they said they would bring gifts. It's nothing big, they're just dropping off. I didn't want you to be overwhelmed" I said.

Everyone at work knew about Reid's situation with his child and his child's mother as he had told them before. They wanted to help but wouldn't dare to ask Reid because of how he is. I planned something small for him to get help since he has yet to buy anything for the child. I don't know what he's waiting on.

"Well babe now I'm a bit irritated because people will think I need help. I don't need help caring for my child when it gets here, and I don't need help buying shit. I'm not a charity case" he quickly let me go and stood up. I stood up after him, pulling him before he could pull the door open to leave my presence.

"No need to be upset-"

"Well I am!" He turned to me. "Everyone thinks I won't do a good job. I will be a great father. I will buy the stuff it needs and I won't need anyone to help me with it, Aurelia." He said.