⇒ FORTY ONE

Aurelia||

Aurelia||

After getting home with Archie I found that he was a bit cranky so we did something that was sure to cheer him up. He really liked bananas so I cut him up some pieces and read to him in his rocking chair. He immediately calmed himself and went back to being the sweetest baby. If I'm being honest I needed to give him a snack until dinner was done.

After eating dinner we played with a few of his toys, I took him a bath and washed his hair. I put him on some cute pajamas I had bought a few days ago and we sat inside the living room. I laid on my side on the couch as he sat on the floor, playing with his toy phone.

I had answered it a few times as he kept handing it to me and I'm guessing the imaginary person on the other line doesn't want to talk to me anymore as he hasn't handed me the phone since.

His little head popped up and he looked at me with a surprised expression on his face as he heard the key enter into the door. He let out a small gasp. "Dada!"

I nodded as I smiled. "Yes. That's your daddy".

The door pushed open and Reid walked in, sighing and pulling his jacket off. He threw it onto the couch and immediately picked Archie up. "Miss you so much, buddy" he hugged him tight.

He walked into the kitchen and soon came out with a plate in his hand. He sat next to me on the couch and I pouted, seeing that he hadn't spoken to me yet. "Long day?" I asked and he turned to me.

He pecked my lips before nodding and touching his head. "And I have a fucking migraine" he winced.

I put the back of my hand close to his head, seeing that he wasn't sick. "Want me to get you some water and medicine?" I asked and he nodded. I stood up and went into the bathroom before grabbing something that I was sure would make him feel better. I grabbed him a water bottle from the fridge and sat back next to him. He had started to eat his food but stopped to take the medicine.

"I have work to do. After this I have to add some shit up and send information" he sighed, soon looking to Archie who started babbling. "Yep, mhum" he played along. I smiled as I shook my head.

"Well I should go put him to bed and take a shower. Hopefully you'll be done with eating and work when I'm done?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Hopefully".

And he wasn't. A hour later after I had already showered and was bored out of my mind, I went downstairs to check on Reid who sat on the downstairs couch with papers all around him. He had taken his tie off and unbuttoned a few buttons off his shirt, having his reading glasses on.

I could tell by the way he was so focused that he had work to do that was really important. Of course I wasn't going to stop him. I slowly walked closer, him noticing me and giving me a lazy smile. "Lots and lots of work babe" he said quietly. I nodded, sitting down on the couch beside him. He looked at me as if I was interrupting him but I didn't care. "Need anything?" He asked.

From the time Reid made it home I could tell that his energy was a bit off. He was happy and showing lots of love this morning before work and even at work, but since he's been home he's been a bit distant. He's never entered our home and not kissed me or even acknowledged me after a few seconds.

"No" I said softly. "But I can help you? It would get the job done faster". He looked at me for a moment then nodded.

He handed me a paper with many names and a yellow highlighter. "You see this? I need you to look through these files and see if they've been coming into work. If they haven't, highlight their names so I can send the paper off to to your uncle" he said.

I nodded as I took the cap from the highlighter. "Want to work in silence or do you want to talk?" I asked and he immediately shook his head.

"Silence" he said. He adjusted his glasses on his face and pulled his laptop onto his lap, opening it and typing in his password. I nodded as I started to help him.

It wasn't like I didn't expect for Reid to say this. Since we've been together he's been a bit closed off, but he tells me more things as our relationship progresses. I guess this is just something he doesn't want to share, or maybe I could be overthinking and there might not even be anything wrong with him.

❀❀❀

Waking up today, everyone was in a bit of a mood. Reid has an odd attitude for some reason, and I'm guessing Archie could feel it. When Reid went to wake him up he cried for me the entire time. Once I took him he calmed down and we were able to get him dressed up and eating for daycare.

I held him in my arms as I stood in the kitchen, getting him a fresh cup from the cabinet. For some reason his original cup wasn't in his bag last night. I filled it with apple juice before Reid entered the kitchen, huffing and pulling the fridge open.

"I'm taking Archie today. And I'll pick him up too. You just head on to work" he said. He pulled a bottle of water out before closing the fridge.

I nodded looking at Archie. "You're gonna go with daddy. He's gonna take you to daycare" I touched his chin. When I tried to hand him to Reid he whined and laid on my shoulder.

Reid grew irritated and rolled his eyes. "Why the fuck doesn't he want me? I'm his father" he said with a bit of attitude.

"Maybe because you're a bit grumpy and he can tell. Maybe if you try calming yourself he'd want you to hold him. How about I take him and you pick him up?" Reid nodded before I walked out of the kitchen and outside to put Archie inside his car seat. After we were all loaded up I headed towards his daycare to drop him off for the day, playing some soft music that he mumbled to the whole way.

❀❀❀

"Suck it slowly, babe"