⇒ TWENTY NINE

Aurelia||

Aurelia||

"Archie, what are you doing? Hm? Do you miss your Aurelia?" Reid turned his phone a bit to show the six month old baby me, to which he smiled and started to hum. Archie had grown to be so big, he was the biggest boy, but sadly he had a small cold.

I advised Reid not to send him to daycare until he got over it, so he took him to Grace's. I didn't want him to infect any of the children there.

"Mm ma" Archie started babbling, bouncing himself on Grace's leg. I giggled as I watched his face light up. He really liked me.

Reid chuckled as he put his face back into the camera. "How's his cold, mum? Has his nose been really snotty?". I slowly got off of Reid's lap and grabbed my folders, preparing to go back to my cubicle. Reid shook his head as he looked away from the phone, signifying that he didn't want me to leave.

"Well he was a bit cranky earlier when I gave him his medicine, but I gave him yogurt melts to which he liked those" I heard Grace's voice. Reid was about to say something else but Archie starting whining and babbling.

"Mm ma ma! Mm"

"Here. Archie" Reid stood up from his chair and walked closer to me. "You miss her?" He asked and Archie smiled big, continuing to babble. "I'm sure she'll have kisses to give you once we come and get you".

I smiled as I waved at Archie, seeing him move his fingers. I gasped. "Say hi Archie!" He moved his fingers a bit but he wasn't quite there.

"Well we have to go, mum. We'll be there in a hour or so to come and get him. Call me if he gets too cranky I'll leave early". Reid said before hanging the phone up and putting it into his pocket. "You trying to leave me so soon?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I just have to make copies of this by tomorrow. I don't know why I didn't do it earlier but now is the time" I said as I looked down at the paper I had in my arms. He nodded.

"Seeing that Archie misses you I think you should let me handle this so we could get home to him. Your apartment or mine?" Reid took the paper from my hand and moved towards his printer.

I shrugged. "Mine? Maybe. I'm not sure." I said.

He hummed. "Because I feel as if you've been avoiding me. Or is it Archie?" He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?" I asked. Why on earth would I avoid Archie?

He shrugged before setting the paper inside the printer. It started to make noise and he turned around to look at me. "Oh I don't know because you have rarely slept over in a week. It's like I have to hunt you down to get some loving." He said, looking at me with lazy eyes.

I shook my head. "It's not that, Reid. I usually sleep at your house every night and when I go home you don't follow me. I'm tired of being at your place all the time" I said softly.

He gave me a fake offended look and touched his chest. "I thought that you leaving signified that you didn't want to be bothered" he shook his head.

I sighed. "Well maybe sometimes I do want to be bothered. Maybe sometimes I want you to follow me. I'm always so up your ass, you're never up mine".

He smirked. "I can be up your ass".

I groaned. "Seriously, Reid. Things are starting to feel a bit one sided and I don't like it."

❀❀❀

Reid stuck his personal key into my apartment and pushed the door open, letting me walk inside before coming in and locking the door.

"I swear this child gets heavier everyday" Reid mumbled, setting his car seat down onto the floor. He bent down to take Archie out and held him in his arms. Archie whined as he tugged at the hat that was covering his head and ears.

"Aww baby" I coed as I walked closer. "This hat keeps your little head warm. Would hate for you to get really sick. You'd be in far more pain". He leaned towards me and I grabbed him, sitting on the couch and taking his jacket off.

Reid sighed. "Babe did you get his bag? I have to give him more medicine to help him sleep with no pain". I shook my head and he cursed under his breath. "I'll be right back". I nodded as he turned around and left, leaving me to look at the baby who babbled.

"Your daddy is a big fat meanie isn't he? So mean to Aurelia" I pouted. Archie pouted and laid his head onto my chest. I melted as I held him close. I swear this kid could feel my fucking energy.

I gently took his coat from his arms, feeing his warm skin against mine. He laid back onto my chest the moment he could and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Must be so sleepy?". I stood up and went into the kitchen, grabbing the can of formula I had here just in case. I fixed him a nice bottle and made sure to warm it up a bit. The doctor said it helps build milk tolerance.

Reid came back into the door, calling my name a few times before looking at me. "Anastasia just fucking pulled up" he said. Worry took over my body as I looked at him.

"W-what? Why?" I asked.

He cursed himself. "Because she says she wants to see the fucking baby. She shows up six months later and now she wants to see him. He doesn't even know her..should I let her? I mean she seemed nice and said that she wouldn't touch him if I didn't want her to."

I stayed silent as I walked from the kitchen and into the living room, sitting down with Archie and letting him eat from his bottle. "I-I don't know" I shook my head.

Anastasia is a horrible person but she is his mother, at least biologically. Who was I to say no, but would it be right to say yes? What if she tried something.

"You don't know? What do you mean you don't fucking know, Aurelia?" He asked.

I groaned out of frustration. "I don't fucking know, Reid." I blurted. Most of my emotions right now were from me being scared shitless, but anger was somewhere inside as well.

"Of course" he let his hands slap against his thighs. "He is my baby so I have to make the decision. Fucking Christ". He cursed himself again before taking Archie from my arms and going into the guest room.

His baby.

He's right.

❀❀❀

"Look at your face all messy for me. Such a pretty slut. I'm guessing you want a nice spanking now?"