⇒ TWENTY SIX

Aurelia||

Aurelia||

July. I liked this month out of all months, some would say it was because this was my birth month but I'd say because it was a beautiful month. The sun would be shining, flowers would blossom, and the whether always felt nice. Not to mention that it was the perfect time for ice pops or any frozen treats.

"Reid have anything planned for your birthday?" My mother asked. I had stopped by her house to see her and my father, which he was still at work. We sat outside on her front porch, painting and enjoying little treats here and there. I shrugged.

"We haven't talked about it. I try not to mention it because you know, he has to take care of the baby. I don't want him to think I'm inconsiderate" I said. Little Archie was a month now, being born in June but boy was he a hand full. It broke my heart to see him shake and cry all the time. I hate Anastasia for what she did to him.

My mother nodded. "But you're turning twenty four. Lucky four. When I was your age your father took me to a club. Don't ask me which child was conceived that night, we were both belligerently drunk" she giggled, looking off to the side.

I shook my head as I didn't even want to put thought into it. Judging by the number of siblings I have my mother and father got busy and didn't care about the consequences. "Clubbing sounds fun" I shrugged.

She hummed and nodded. "Just don't get too drunk. I don't want him to take advantage of you".

I stopped painting for a moment and looked over at her. "Reid would never do that, mommy. He's a very sweet and gentle guy. If anything he'd make sure I was okay and put me to bed, but take advantage of me? No." I scoffed.

She shrugged. "Well who knows. Have you guys had sex yet?" I gave her a weird look and she turned away from me, adding yellow paint to her canvas. "What ever happened to Venice? He was a nice guy" she said.

I slightly rolled my eyes as I thought of him. Venice and I were together for about two years, the longest relationship I had ever been in. He was the perfect man on paper. He came from a good family who was raised inside a church, had a good job, books smart, and drove a nice car. Anyone who would see him would think he was perfect. He was, up until he wasn't. I had to get away from him, and I never looked back.

I sighed. "Mom that was three years ago. I'm sure he's around somewhere doing something" I gave her a lousy answer.

She tilted her head. "Ever think about getting back with him?" Of course this was my mother, trying to get me back into his arms. She loved him, not knowing that he was a douche sometimes.

I shook my head. "I'm with Reid".

She rolled her eyes. "Reid seems nice and all but Venice was..Venice was your first. You never forget your first, I sure as hell didn't".

I turned to her. "I thought you said dad was your first."

She looked at me. "Oh did I?" She hummed and shrugged.

I shook my head. "Besides, Venice wasn't my first. He was just the first guy I told you guys about".

She acted as if she choked on her treat and put her paintbrush down. "There was someone before him? You slept with someone else?".

I nodded. "Well yeah, mommy. I had relations with someone before him, and before that one. I can't believe you thought I had only slept with two people"

"Two? So you're having sex with Reid? Aurelia this is not how I raised you to be. You are a young lady, parading your body around to men who don't even deserve it" she hissed.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I put my paintbrush down. "I don't parade my body around, and Reid does deserve it. He's such a sweet guy and if you can't see that by now that's your problem. He deserve the world" I said softly.

She huffed, standing up and folding her arms. "You guys haven't even been dating for long. You give your body away too quickly".

I scoffed. "Mom we've been together for six months and I've known him for years from work. I can't believe you're even saying this"

"Because you slept with him. Reid is no man to deserve your body. He already has a child and baby mother issues that you won't be able to handle in the long run. A crack baby and a single father. How does that look to our family?"

I looked at her, not being able to believe the words coming from her mouth. My mother had never talked to me this way and honestly it's painful. I can literally feel my chest tighten.

❀❀❀

Reid||

I sat on the couch with Archie in my arms, looking down at him. He had a crooked smile on his face and it made me smile after him. Aurelia had told me that she's seen him smile but I haven't. I guess I don't spend enough time with him. I hate that I have to send him to daycare while I work. Maternity leave wasn't long enough for me. "I think it's time for a bath?" I looked down at him. His smile fell and I frowned. It was as if he knew what I was talking about.

I have yet to bathe him by myself. I've only done it with Aurelia by my side. I'm scared I'll have the water too hot or I'll get soap in his eyes. And honestly it's hard to do so many things at once. He cries in the water so I have to do it fast. I picked up my phone to dial Aurelia, her answering on the first ring.

"Hello love. Did you plan on staying tonight, I miss you..that and Archie needs a bath. He kind of stinks like milk and he pooped a lot today. I just need a little help that's all" I said.

Aurelia sniffled on the other side before giving me a small "I'm on my way". She wouldn't tell me what was wrong with her so I had to wait until she got here.

"Darling?" I said softly as she sat inside my room, holding her head down and looking at her fingers. I bent down and placed my hands on her thigh, giving her a small squeeze. "You don't have to tell me what it is, but I don't want you crying. I don't like to see you cry" I said.

"She called me a whore. Am I a whore?" She looked up a bit but still held her head down, looking into my eyes.

"What, no. Who called you a whore?" I asked.

"My mother. But it's true. I slept with you the moment you showed me attention. Hell you didn't even much talk to me before and I spread my legs for you" she shook her head.

I sighed. "Aurelia, no. We made love for the first time because we wanted to. We both felt an attraction to each other that I've never felt towards anyone. We just met on that level, and it happened. It's nothing to be ashamed about. Making love is a beautiful thing" I assured her.

She looked up at me and pouted a bit, her bottom lip fighting off a quiver. "Yeah?" She asked lowly.

I nodded. "Yeah. I've never made love that way before, I've never felt that way before. I was only with Anastasia before you, I didn't expect myself to just give my body away so easily. I loved you before I even knew it".

Without saying anything she crashed into me, making us fall onto the floor. "I" kiss. "Love" kiss. "You" kiss. "So" kiss. "Much."

❀❀❀

"I want you to relax your body. Let everything go. Sucking your dick will only make you happier than you are when you fuck me"