⇒ FORTY EIGHT

Aurelia||

Aurelia||

I stood in front of the mirror inside Reid and I's bathroom inside our room. It had been a week since the shitheads tried to kidnap Archie and things were just now starting to seem normal again. I had calmed after the incident, knowing that we were protected but Reid was a bit tense. A better word for how he felt would be scared, but we all were. Grace immediately came over after it happened, and so did Shane and Peter. They've been checking on us and letting us know that they are here for us if we need them.

Today consisted of a bit of normalness. Reid and I woke up and I cooked breakfast for all of us. Reid and I have been taking turns going into work, never both of us leaving at the same time. My uncle has been very understanding and offered us paid leave but I didn't want to do it. We both had jobs that required us to be there.

"Babe?" Reid said as he ran his hands over his face, pushing his face into the water. He wet his hair inside the shower.

"Yep?" I turned towards him.

He wiped his face free of water and rubbed his hand across to see me better since the steam had fogged the shower. "You know that you're sexy?"

I rolled my eyes as I turned back around, putting my hair into a ponytail which was what I was going to do before he interrupted me. "Whatever Reid".

He turned the water off in the shower and grabbed his towel before wrapping it around his waist and opened the shower door. "No, seriously. How are you so fucking sexy?" He came behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

I tried to move away from him. "Stop, Reid. You're getting me wet" I said.

He chuckled as he pressed himself against me. "I can make you even wetter" he smirked and looked at me through the mirror.

I scoffed. "You're so disgusting." He pulled away with a wonky smile and winked at me before leaving the bathroom. I followed after him, getting onto the bed as he went into the closet. He soon came out with a pair of shorts on, no shirt.

I loved the way his small chain would hang a bit low, and the sleeve of tattoos on his right arm made him look so hot.

He sighed as he laid next to me in bed, getting under the cover and looking up at me as I sat up. "Well I'm guessing you're not ready for bed?" He asked.

I smiled as I turned my lamp off. "Nope. Ready" I said. I slid under the cover and he chuckled. "What's funny?"

He shook his head. "Nothing. Come here, let me cuddle you".

I scooted closer to him, feeling him grab me, nearly pulling me onto his body and holding me tight. "Not too tight, my shoulders hurt" I said.

He nodded. "Want a massage?". Of course like any sane person I told him yes. He turned his lamp on and I laid on my stomach as he started to massage my body, starting with my neck.

❀❀❀

November was a month that would be filled with greatness each year. It had been a week since Reid's birthday, and I'm guessing he's just calmed himself. He was happy to turn twenty seven, and I was happy for him. He said that twenty seven was his lucky number. I had planned Reid a dinner party to which it wasn't a surprise because the last time I planned a surprise he got mad at me. We had such a good time with most of his family, everyone coming to support him. Everything was fine but never did I think I'd be where I was at this moment.

With all the good things happening this month I thought it'd be filled with nothing but greatness. I had finally been promoted, finally having my own office. Reid has been promoted twice since last time I was starting to think my uncle was holding a grudge against me or something.

I looked over at the woman across from me as we sat at a park. The time was past six and I knew I needed to be home with my boys but something told me that she needed me. And god am I glad I came.

"Did he ever hit you?" She asked. Anastasia had been turned nearly black and blue by Timmothee, something I didn't even know he could do. It's crazy how the abuser becomes the abusee, but no one deserves to be abused.

I shook my head. "I was young when I dealt with him, and I broke it off before it could even get that serious. Why did he do that to you?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I honestly don't even know. He seemed to be okay until he went into the bathroom. He said that we would do a few lines together but when he came out he accused me of stealing from him." She sniffled. "I can't even see out of my eye".

I looked down at my fingers before looking back up at her. "You're still using?" I asked.

She sighed. "I stopped after having Archie but he introduced me back to it. I was very tempted and let my temptations get the best of me." I nodded and she looked at me with a frown. "Don't fucking judge me, okay?"

As bad as I could rub it in her face, I wasn't going to. She was a horrible person, but she needed help. More like guidance. She needed to be in some sort of facility to help her get clean. She need evaluation.

"I wasn't going to judge you. Trust me, there's a crapload of shit I could judge you about, but being tempted isn't one of them" I said and she sighed. "Are you leaving him?"

She shook her head and chuckled. "I can't fucking leave him. He's Timmothee Reaves. He may hit me every now and again but I like the life I live with him. He gives me whatever I want" she said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's your idea of a relationship?" She shrugged. I shook my head.

"I mean where else can I go? My mother is in jail for trying to take Archie away from you, and Timmothee won't even bond her out. He hates her." I nodded. I hate that bitch too.

"And you do know that wasn't me?" She asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I didn't want to take Archie. That was never my plan, which is why I didn't show up to the court date. My mother just wanted to be devilish and fight for custody. That baby belongs with you and Reid, not with my crazy ass family. Timmothee only went along with it because she has evidence of him being a coke head, and she has a few pictures of the abuse. Hell go down if she were to expose him".

She sniffled before shaking her head. "I never ever tried to take the baby away from you guys. I only wanted to see him and that would be enough but she's ruined it for me".

I sighed as I looked down. Although she has a horrible past, she has feelings. I never knew that what she did was for us to keep him, not coming to the court date. I never knew for sure that it wasn't her that wanted custody.

"I could show you a few pictures" I said and she looked up at me before smiling. I pulled my phone out and she gasped. I nodded. "I know, he's getting so big".

She smiled. "And his hair is so long. Oh god, he looks just like his father. I hope you're raising him to be a good boy" she said.

I nodded. "If saying please and thank you counts, then he's on track". She smiled at me and a tear escaped her eye.

"You're fit to be a mother. I'm glad he has you"

❀❀❀

"She has a heart underneath the act she tries to portray. She has feelings. She deserves to at least be a little happy"