⇒ FORTY THREE

Aurelia||

Aurelia||

September was the month Reid and I dreaded most. Anastasia's mother Candice had hired lawyers to build a case against Reid to fight for custody over Archie, and today was the court date. To be honest I was quite sluggish when I first woke up, not wanting to even get the day started. What if things went wrong? What if some how she was granted custody of Archie. He doesn't even know her. The thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

I had prepared breakfast before Reid woke Archie up to put him on a cute outfit I had set out for him. Reid and I had dressed in our best clothes to look presentable, not that it was hard because we would have to dress up for work. Reid came into the kitchen with Archie in his arms.

"Mama!" Archie clapped as he looked at me. Reid chuckled and kissed me before touching Archie's shirt.

"Don't you think this is a bit ridiculous? Suspenders babe?" Reid raised his eyebrow and I nodded. "The hat too babe? He looks like he's ready to work a train or go to a meeting, I can't decide" he chuckled.

I playfully rolled my eyes as I grabbed Archie. "But he looks so cute, don't you Archie. Mama put you on your cute outfit. I bet you'll be the cutest baby there" I tickled him. He giggled before hugging my neck and kissing my face. He's seen Reid do this so now it's a habit.

Reid sighed as he walked towards the refrigerator, grabbing a soft drink and popping it open. He took a few swallows before closing his eyes and shaking his head.

"Stressed babe?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Well don't be. We have a good lawyer and we have much evidence. There's no way she'll win unless the judge is a dumbass. I have faith in us. We'll walk back in here with this cute little man- oh no we should get ice cream then come back home"

I walked closer to Reid and put my arm around him. He sighed and put his arms around me before kissing the top of my head. "Just the thought of us not winning makes me sick. I'll be right back".

He quickly walked towards the bathroom and I heard him hurl. I felt bad so I held Archie close. I knew for sure we'd win but gosh, this stuff makes me nervous.

❀❀❀

Once Reid and I arrived at court, he held Archie in his hands as I had his diaper bag on my shoulder. It was filled with his usual stuff with yogurt and juice to keep him calm during the trial. I also had Reid's favorite candy in case he became a bit nervous.

We met with his lawyer, a man by the name of Franklin Greeves. Reid had told me that he used him to help him with a ticket that he didn't want to pay and although it made me laugh, the ticket was five hundred dollars. I would have done the same thing.

I introduced myself to him, and he was really nice and calm. I didn't talk much with him because Archie wanted me to hold him, which I wanted to do anyways I just wanted to make sure Reid felt calm, and I knew he would if he was holding him.