⇒ FORTY NINE

Last chapter before the epilogue.

Aurelia||

Standing inside of our living room, I watched as Shane grabbed the tv remote. "We can't miss it, and hopefully we have no disruptions this time! Babe, it's the fucking new year!" Shane smiled.

Peter chuckled as he went over towards him, putting his arm over his shoulder. "This is the second new year we've spent with you guys. How does it feel to hang out with the best gays in town?" Peter asked.

Reid chuckled as he pulled me closer by my waist. "Well it honestly feels good. You two have become our best friends, and I think we have something to ask you". I smiled up at Reid as he was finally going to ask them.

"Well you know Aurelia had finally adopted Archie as her own, meaning that legally he has two parents" Reid smiled. Peter and Shane nodded, looking at me and smiling.

No matter the circumstances, they were always happy for me when I or Reid accomplished something. They would either send gifts or tell us in person. Thank god for friends like them.

"We would like for the two of you to be Archie's god parents". Shane gasped as Peter smiled big. "We don't trust anyone else to take care of Archie if something were to happen. You two have been trying to go through the adopting process which I know god will grant your wish in having children. I'm sure Archie would love to be with you guys".

"Of course we'd be his god parents!" Shane cried as he hugged me tight. Peter hugged Reid and they both sniffled a bit. I pulled away, looking at Shane as he had the most ugliest crying face, but I didn't judge him. It's not everyday that you get asked to be a god parent.

"For fuck sake's, we're parents!" Shane screamed, making me giggle. This is the excitement I felt when Reid and I left the courthouse when I adopted Archie.

Peter nodded. "Oh shit babe the count down. Go everyone grab your drink!" Peter ran towards the television with his glass of champagne.

Shane held his glass up and stood in front of the television, holding Peter's hand. I looked at the coffee table, seeing that my glass was gone. "Babe? Where's my champagne were not going to be able to toast!" I rushed Reid.

He chuckled. "Go ahead baby I'll make you a new glass" he smiled.

I fanned him off as I went to stand in front of the television, seeing that the countdown was getting closer and closer.

I remember three years ago, being sad on days like this. Holidays were never my favorite because I'd be so alone. I wasn't close with my siblings, and wouldn't spend much time with my mother and father as my siblings would be over.

Now that I have a family of my own holidays have become my favorite. I have a home filled with love and there's nothing in the world I would trade it for.