⇒ FORTY SIX

Reid||

Reid||

Things went as planned like any other morning. Aurelia and I got Archie up, got dressed, and dropped him off at daycare. Going into work was like I was on top of the world. I had just gotten another promotion and to be honest I think Mr. Hugh is just giving them out. He's promoted me like five times in the last few months.

Being promoted meant less work so as for being in my office I was only taking up space. I sat there on my phone before Aurelia came inside. After telling her she didn't have to knock on the door a million times she's finally starting to listen.

"Babe look at this" Aurelia showed me her phone. I looked at the news article and my eyebrows furrowed.

Timmothee Reaves rumored to put hands on new girlfriend Anastasia Atkins. She was seen leaving his hotel with sun glasses on in fifty two degree weather.

I looked up at Aurelia and she shrugged. "He's horrible, babe. He probably did put hands on her" she said.

I shrugged. If he did it's karma, but he'll get his. No one should hit their partner no matter the circumstance.

"Yeah. What's up with you and him?" She looked at me in confusion. "Timmothee Reaves? I forgot to ask you what that was on New Years when we saw him." I said.

She sighed before putting her phone onto my desk. I parted my lap and she walked around, sitting down and wrapping her arm around me.

"Timmothee and I- and I don't know how to put this..I lost my virginity to him" she said and I furrowed my eyebrows. What a small fucking world.

Although, the thought of him having her makes me a bit angry.

"I met him when I was seventeen. He was twenty three. I know, the age gap is horrible" she shook her head. "I sort of feel as if he manipulated me but it was all my fault."

I shook my head and grabbed her chin. "Love. You were seventeen and he was an full adult. It wasn't your fault. He's a sick bastard" I said.

She nodded. "Well I was a day of turning eighteen so I wasn't technically underage. He had tried when I was seventeen but I was so scared. A week later when I turned eighteen we had sex. I had met him a year before that and we flirted a lot. He tried to say he didn't know my age but he did, his brother confirmed that he did. He's a dick".

"So he flirted with you while you were sixteen then the moment you turned eighteen he felt as if it was the green light? He's an ass" I said.

She nodded. "He was such a sweet guy though. He made me feel safe and for some reason my legs flew open for him. It was quite pleasant for it to be my first time, but I wasted myself on him. Once I found out who he really was I started to regret it and ghosted him".

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" I asked.

She sighed. "In my part of town, people didn't really talk about him. It was only two years later that I found out that his parents had a bunch of money. He kept it lowkey around me, he was..humble in some sort." She said. I nodded. "And when I saw Anastasia with him I felt bad for her. He can so easily manipulate her."

I nodded and sighed. "Well I'm glad you ghosted him because now I have you. The light of my life" I said and she kissed me.

❀❀❀

"Daddy. Go home." Archie said sleepily as I sat him inside his car seat. I nodded and he sighed. My boy was so sleepy. Once I got him buckled up I got inside my car and headed for our house.

Aurelia had already left to go home. She said that she needed to prep the food for tonight's dinner so I picked our baby up. Archie fell asleep on the way home so I had to carry him inside. The smell of baked chicken was very apparent.

"Babe?" I said as I closed the door. Aurelia came from the kitchen with her small apron on and kissed me before looking up at Archie who was sleeping. "Yeah, I'm guessing he had a long day".

She gently smiled before grabbing his hand and kissing it. "How about you lay him down and I wash off some fruit for you to eat?". I nodded and went into Archie's room where I laid him inside his crib. I didn't plan on letting him sleep for too long because then he wouldn't want to sleep later.

I walked into the kitchen to see Aurelia stirring rice on the stove. "Your fruit is on the counter" she looked at me.

I nodded as I went to grab the bowl. "Thank you, baby. How was your day at work? Anything exciting happen around your cubicle?" I asked.

"Not really. I mean people were talking about what the news said but other than that it was a regular day" she shrugged. "How about you?"

I shook my head. "Doing nothing all day gets as boring as it sounds, but I had to make phone calls. That was pretty excited I guess" I said.

She nodded. "Well don't let Archie sleep for too long. He'll be wide awake when it's time to lay down". I nodded. It was like she read my mind. It feels good to be on one page with someone.

I woke Archie up just before dinner was served and we all ate. After taking showers and putting on pajamas, we all sat in the living room.

Aurelia sat on the couch as I sat on the floor between her legs. She was rubbing my shoulders as I had complained about them once.

"Babe" Aurelia whispered "look at Archie. You think he'll do it? He standing".

I looked over at Archie who had pulled himself up, using the couch as leverage. Archie had yet to start walking and I can't help but think it had something to do with the drugs that were in his system when he was younger. Maybe the tremors caused nerve damage or something.

"Archie" I said catching his attention. He looked over at me and smiled. "Come here, buddy. Come to daddy" I said. He looked down at the ground, seeming to be unsure of what to do next.

Aurelia moved from behind me and kneeled. "Come on Archie. Walk to mama? Mama's gonna give you so many kisses" she smiled.

Archie smiled big before taking a few steps, wobbling and falling over before he could get close enough. He pouted and his lip started to quiver before tears fell from his eyes.

"Aww baby you did so good!" Aurelia quickly went over to comfort him. She held him in her arms and scooted close to me.

"Yeah, buddy. You're a big boy" I said making him laugh. He reached for me and I grabbed him, giving him a hug.

Little moments like this made me feel as if everything would be okay forever, but I was wrong.

❀❀❀

"It's so smooth. You did this for me?"