⇒ TWENTY EIGHT

Reid||

Reid||

A very small groan escaped my lips as I had lifted up from bed. I looked over at Aurelia, seeing her asleep. I swear no matter how many times this woman went home she always 'forgot' something to sleep in. I didn't mind though, I just wish she'd not let Archie throw up all over my white shirts. They stain.

I knew that Aurelia's birthday was today, July tenth. Since I had my mother watch Archie for me last week I figured it would be too soon to ask her to watch him again so I just kept him. I slowly got out of bed, making my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face, then going into the closet to put on something for a quick run to the store.

I put Archie into his carseat, thankful that he didn't make a noise because he would have for sure woken her up. After loading him into my car, we drove to the nearest store. He wasn't old enough for a baby carrier yet so I just put his car seat into the shopping kart and held him there as I moved around the store.

So many smiles from women. Double standard. A mother with a child would be frowned upon and shamed for not having the father around. A father with a child will get more praises than the pope.

I walked around the store until I found some cute flowers and chocolate for her. She loved the ones with the almond inside but I didn't too much care for them. I reached the register and put the items up.

"Quite early?" The woman smiled, looking at Archie who had just opened his eyes a few minutes ago. I thought he would cry but he didn't.

I nodded. "My girlfriend wouldn't leave me alone long enough for me to hide her gift for yesterday and found it so I had to buy something else. She's asleep".

She hummed. "You're a good guy. My husband told me that if I found a gift before he would be ready to give it to me he'd smash it and throw it out". She laughed but I stood there awkwardly. That's no way to treat a woman.

"Fifteen dollars and twenty cents". I gave her my card and she swiped it before handing it back and looking to the side.

Making it back to my house, I fed and burped Archie before putting him down for a few more hours of sleep. The time was seven and he would get up around nine or ten if he was able to sleep that long. I gently sat the flowers and chocolate onto the nightstand near where she was laying before taking my shoes off.

I crawled onto the bed, softly kissing her neck and arms that were exposed. She let out a content sigh as she turned on her back, smiling and looking up at me.

"Happy birthday" I killed her face with kisses. She giggled as she slid her hands into my hair, softly tugging at the roots. "Morning lovin'?" I asked and she smiled, nodding as she pulled the cover down.

I let out a soft groan as she exposed her body to me, pulling up my large shirt and showing her naked body underneath. Her skin looked soft and moisturized, like it always was.