⇒ FORTY FIVE

Reid||

Reid||

"Look Archie! I have your duckie! You want it back?" I heard Aurelia talk to Archie as I approached the bathroom.

Archie giggled. "Mama! Duck" he said.

Aurelia giggled. "Okay. What's the magic word?"

"Please! Mama" Archie said. Aurelia gasped and I could hear kissing sounds. I bet she was kissing his cheek. I walked into the bathroom to see Archie holding his duck in his hand. He held it up and smiled. "Daddy! Duck". I nodded.

"Yeah buddy. Duck. Who got you a duck?" I asked.

He looked down for a bit and put it into the water. I could tell he was trying to figure out himself. "Mama?" He said in a questioning tone. "Grandma!" He said as he remembered. I nodded.

"Yes, baby. Grandma got you a duckie. You like your duckie" Aurelia asked. Archie nodded and she began pouring water onto his hair. She grabbed his baby shampoo and put some in her hand before rubbing it in his hair.

"Babe" I said and she looked at me. Her eyes would gloss a certain way when she was engaging in things with Archie, filled with love. One of the reasons I love her so fucking much. She loved him as if he were her own, and he was. "How about we stay up after he's down and eat chocolate and drink wine?" I said and she smiled.

"Yeah. Just give me about ten minutes. I'll have him dressed and ready for bed". I nodded before kissing her lips and leaving the bathroom.

About ten minutes later she came into the living room with her long hair inside a messy bun. She had just taken out braids and got it pressed and she looked as beautiful as ever. I looked down at her long shirt and small shorts, knowing that she was comfortable. "Where's the wine babe?" She asked.

I smiled as I lifted up from the couch. "I was waiting on you, princess." I walked into the kitchen and she followed after me, grabbing the glasses as I grabbed the wine. "Something on your mind babe?" I asked.

She smiled as she shook her head. "No. Just a bit wet down there" she said casually. I furrowed my eyebrows and she giggled. "What? I can't help it that you're sexy" she said and I smiled.

"Well I mean-" I held the bottle of wine in my hands "-we could put this to the side and go into the bedroom" I offered.

"Well then I wouldn't have any wine in my system" she took the wine from me and poured some in the glasses. "You know what I realized." She asked and I hummed, bringing the glass to my mouth for a sip. "If I would have never made a move on you we wouldn't be standing here together".

I shook my head, setting my glass down and opening the box of chocolates. "Because I liked you. I just didn't act on it because I had a girlfriend" I said and she nodded. I stuck a piece of chocolate in her mouth and she shrugged.