⇒ TWENTY SEVEN

Aurelia||

Aurelia||

A week or so later, I stood inside of Reid's kitchen, finishing up dinner. I had the day off and he had work. It was only five o clock which was two hours earlier than I'd usually cook for us but I had nothing to do. It was my wish to keep Reid's apartment cleaned for him since I nearly stayed here, me and Charlie. It was rare that I'd go home, he didn't want me to. He even bought Charlie her own scratch post to make her feel at home.

I felt even more comfortable with Reid as time passed. He was very protective over Archie, who wasn't, but he let me do things he wouldn't let me do at first. Like for instance I stayed up with him last night as Reid slept. He slept for longer than he had planned, only waking up the next morning, but he didn't complain. He killed me with kisses and told me he was thankful for me.

I would get turned on by the slightest things, no matter who was around. I've always been this attracted to him, but it was way more since we hadn't had sex since Archie was born. I didn't complain as I knew the dad life was new to him and he had to figure out how to fit things in his schedule, but I wouldn't be surprised if cobwebs and a bat flew out the next time I opened my legs for him. It's been too long.

Reid had sent Archie to stay at Grace's house this morning, dropping him off early and planning to come get him the next day since he was off tomorrow. I was happy for Reid to at least catch a small break. He hasn't had one since the baby was born and I thought it would be good for his mental health.

For tonight's dinner I settled on mac and cheese, roast beef, collard greens, and some good ole cornbread. I was in the mood for soul food, and I'm sure this would cheer Reid up. He loved when I'd cook. It was almost as if it's what he wanted all his life.

I stood inside the kitchen, drinking me a small glass of water as I heard the key enter the door. I immediately sat the glass down and walked to the front of his apartment, seeing him just now close the door. "Hey, baby" he smiled as he quickly looked over at me before focusing on the lock.

Without saying anything, I walked closer to him, catching his attention as he looked down at me. He breathed in and widened his eyes, dropping his keys to the floor as I bent to my knees before him. The moment I placed my hand on his belt I felt his hands wrap around my wrist.

I couldn't help that my face grew red and heated, me standing up and shaking my head. "I'm sorry. I don't even know why I tried to blow you as soon as you walked through the door. It's dumb".

He lifted his hand to my face, making me stop talking and look into his eyes. He shook his head. "No, it's not dumb and it's actually the best thing in the world. I just had-" he placed his hand on his stomach and shook his head more "-a burrito for lunch and I had to use the restroom at work. Letting you go down on me right now would be the most inconsiderate thing man could do. A quick shower?"

I suddenly felt at ease as he had a good excuse, not saying that he needed one, he just helped me to feel less embarrassed. "Yeah, no, sure. I'll just be inside the kitchen, wanted to drink some wine" I nodded.