Chapter 67 - Best friends

In Coruscant:

Ines was inside the Jedi Temple. She was happy with the rooms, especially the third one. She hope Luke liked it too. Tomorrow the big surprise she was planning for Luke would arrive. She did a lot of research for that plan.

Luke will arrive in a week and she couldn't wait to be in his arms. She missed him so much. The time wasn't so hard to pass by if she had Leia with her, but Leia didn't talk to her for more than a month and it hurt her a lot. She was always a great friend of hers and now she felt that Leia hated her. Even she didn't tell Luke, she knew that he knew about the fact she cried 3 nights ago, because without Luke, she only had their baby and R2. During the day she was busy getting the Academy ready, but at night, when she returned to her apartment and didn't had Luke in it, she felt so alone that everything rushed over her and she cried while breastfeeding her baby. Even R2 beeped sadly.

Right now she was inside the combat training with R2 beeping and her Ben was in a floating crib that she bought. It was so practical because, many times she had to indicate where she wanted certain things and she couldn't have her baby all the time on her arms. That crib followed her everywhere and it was so comfortable that Ben loved being there so much. Sometimes he pout and cried when she had to removed him from it. Their baby had her temper for sure. His features were starting to get more visible and she could see that he had her hair color, nose and lips, and had Luke's eyes, forehead, cheeks and chin.

Right now she was admiring the training weapons that was attached to the walls: there were Foam Chain Nunchaku, Escrima Sticks, one of her favorites especially the double sticks, Bamboo staffs, Sai.

She ran her hand on the Bamboo staff and took it from the support and smiled remembering when she was young and her father taught her out to fight. It was like he was preparing her for the future, when she became a Jedi train by her husband, and she could already be a great fighter. Since she got pregnant she didn't train a lot. The few time she did train was during that drill with Luke when she was 15 weeks pregnant and it was not a real training since Luke kept holding back, because of her condition. He was an amazing husband and father.

After giving birth, she waiting a few weeks before she decided to get back to train. Almost 2 months later, she was only a few pounds from her weight before she got pregnant, which made her very happy, but the fact she ate healthy during the pregnancy, and she didn't get much weight during it helped too.

Looking at her son, to see if he was alright, she smiled watching him sleeping. After making sure he was okay, she got into the center of the room and started to spin around the staff, attacking first, than passing the staff behind her back she span while she circled the staff with her hands, doing attacks and defense moves, ending with the staff near her body, smiling. Yeah she didn't forget the movements.

"You were always the best fighter we had, even among the boys"

She look at her right and was surprised to see Leia standing there with 3PO

"Hello Ma'am" the droid said

"Hello 3PO" she smiled at the droid and looking at Leia she asked while she put away the Bamboo staff "Do you need something?"

Leia knew why she asked her that on that tone and she couldn't blame her. The past month she was horrible towards her and in a way she didn't deserve it. Ines was a good person no matter what. The fact was she missed her best friend and her sister in law. And after being alone the past 3 weeks, she realize how unfair she was with Ines and to her baby nephew.

"I just want to talk, not fight. But if you want me to leave, I'll go"

Ines sighed and reached Ben's floating crib checking her boy.

"No, I don't want you to leave." she told her. "I'm just surprise to see you here. You don't talk to me for a month now" and picked Ben who started to wimp "What is it sweetie? Here take your pacifier" and laying him on her arms she started to rock him, kissing his forehead.

Leia smiled at the scene

"You are an amazing mother. I still can't believe that tomboy now is a wife and a mother. If the girls could see you now, they would swallow the mean words they said to you" she said

Ines smiled at that.

"I don't need that cause I already won by having the best husband I could ever have and without him I couldn't have this baby I love so much" she said looking at her son.

Leia walked towards her and with tears rolling down her cheeks she looked at Ines and then to her nephew, stroking gently his little head.

"I'm so sorry for the horrible things I said. I feel so ashamed. I understand if you don't want to talk to me ever again and I won't blame you for that"

Ines smile and wiped Leia's tears

"You are my sister, of course I forgive you. But it really hurt Leia. I would never thought that"

"I know. The truth was, I was so jealous that you went to much during your pregnancy and you kept it and I couldn't and the fact that you had giving birth the same time I lost mine it made me so upset."

"Leia, I didn't give birth that day on purpose. I went to labor the day before but this little one decided to born the next day and that what it hurt the most. You acted Like I knew you had lost your baby. Actually I felt your pain, me and Luke while I was giving birth and when we find out, we were so sad for you Leia. And I felt guilty for that to be honest"

"I know Ines. And I was so mean, not only to you but to this little one. This poor thing has nothing to do with all of this. He's my nephew and I barely looked at him" Leia said looking at the sleeping baby.

"Maybe Luke and I shouldn't go at that time with our baby to see you. It was too soon and we didn't think that. You were still hurting and seeing our baby was not the right time. So I apologize for that too. We should have think of your feelings. But I was so eager to see you that we didn't think of that. I'm sorry for that"

Leia hugged Ines

"It is okay my sister" Leia smiled at her.

"You and Han will have kids and you two will be great parents, I know it." she smiled "Do you want to hold him?"

Leia nod and Ines pass the baby to Leia's arms, who smiled and kissed Ben's head, making the baby moved his arms.

"He is so beautiful. He is a mix of you and Luke. He has Luke's forehead, cheeks and chin but your nose and lips and color of hair" she said stroking Ben's little head.

"He has my temper and will have Luke's beautiful blue eyes" Ines smiled at her baby.

The two sisters in law walked out of the room and Leia looked around

"Luke hit the jackpot on letting you taking care of this. The rooms are amazing."

"And the big surprise didn't arrive yet. Only tomorrow. I hope he likes it" Ines said looking at the Temple.

"What surprise?"

Ines told what she had in mind to surprise Luke and Leia gasped.

"Luke will love it"

"I hope so. But come let me show the other 3 rooms" Ines said while she showed the rooms smiling at the sight that Leia didn't want to let go her nephew, while 3PO and R2 was behind.

"Mistress Leia is right, Mistress Ines did a great job with the place. Master Luke will be please"

R2 beeped making 3PO gasped

"R2D2, you know it is not polite to talk about the love life of Master Luke and Mistress Ines. But let's be honest, no wonder little Ben is so adorable for a tiny human, Master Luke and Mistress Ines are very good looking too. I'm sure they will do more adorable babies. And at least Mistress Ines is nice towards us" 3PO said

R2 beeped

"Next time we switch places how about that?"

R2 beeped

"Oh switch off"

And the two droids followed Ines and Leia.

Finally Ines and Leia make up again. What do you think it is the surprise Ines had for Luke?