Chapter Thirty

Taking slow deep breathe as I kept my eyes shut, fighting against every urge to leave for a run to try and figure out every thoughts and feelings that have taken its toll on me. To try and have a moment of peace for myself without another bomb being dropped onto me. Every word seems to be weighing me down and I'm not sure how much more I can take until I collapse.

Opening my eyes to look towards the door of Xavier and i's wardrobe, currently where I am hiding from everyone.

After finally getting back to the pack house, Xavier called a meeting with his father and a few other people. About what exactly? He never said. I think with all the information I've had this past day, he is trying to not put even more stress on me. Trying not to drain me as much as everyone else seems to be. Xavier had also gave off an Alpha warning that no one is aloud to mind link me first for the time being.

Telling me I need to start letting myself heal.

I didn't argue back with him. I didn't fight against them words, nor complain he should let me do it my way. The pain I tried to hide so well, he could finally feel all of it. The wall I built up so high because I felt I had to protect him, has finally crumbled to the ground. Feeling my pain, feeling my wolf and how heartbroken she is. The distraught from all the trauma weighing her down.

Chocolate and honey invading my senses, my whole body relaxing and my wolf just settling down, knowing her peace and safety is here.

"Celeste?" Xavier called out, into the room. Footsteps coming closer to the door, pushing them open all the way. Our eyes connecting, the tingles against my skin being alive making the little hairs on my arms stand up. The smile he gave me always gave me butterflies. He is so beautiful.

"How was the meeting?" I asked, watching him as he moved towards me. Trying to decipher any emotions that crossed his features to indicate if it went his way or not. Xavier nodded as he sat down next to me, not even questioning why I was sat in here but instead joining me. "It went the way I hoped" he replied, while taking my hand into his and intwining our fingers together.

Electric shocks. It zaps right through you when your mate touches you, never painful but you instantly feel the calm settle over your being and safety surround you like a blanket.

"What was it about?"

"You"

Rubbing his thumb in circles against my hand, creating tingles in that area. My eyebrows furrowed together as I stared at him, waiting on him to elaborate with his words. Xavier leaned forward and pressed his lips against my temple, holding them there for a few seconds before leaning back to his original position.

Giving me another smile. "The meeting was about me postponing taking over the Alpha position. My father can still handle all the roles right now, as I need to have my focus on you. To help you heal and to be there for you"

"Xavier you don't-"

He silenced me with a gentle kiss. Feeling his fingers brush against my cheek as he pushed my hair behind my ear as he leaned back to look into my eyes. "Don't try to argue about this. You healing is all that matters to me, needing you to feel safe is my top priority over everything"

There is many things I question and debate, even more now than ever. But not once have I ever had to question with the way he looks at me, the way I know he cares even with all the shit I've put him through and made him deal with. He has always took care of me and there is not anything more I could ask for.

"I love you"

My words seemed quiet in this room, as I stared at my beautiful mate. Xavier smiled, a smile I'm not yet familiar with but it sent tingles down to my toes. "I love you beautiful, a lot"