Chapter One

I look to my left and then to my right before smirking forward as i crouched down with my hind legs in the air and my nose to the ground. 'Ready?' I whisper to my wolf, who let out a low growl to give me the answer i am looking for. "You all remember the rules, no biting or scratching. This is only running and practising your running skills, no fighting with one another. You need to be able to have speed when fighting your opponent. When I say, you go" our trainer said, also the Alpha's beta Josh. I smirked as I stayed in my position getting ready for his command. Beta Josh walked to the side of the clearing, no longer in the middle of all us crouched wolves. "Get ready," he shouted, a low growl getting earned from the other's around me to signal their wolf is about to take control.

"Go!"

I quickly shot off, ducking under tree branches and stubs as I pushed myself. The reason I work so well and am able to go faster than most is my wolf is not in control of me, we are working together, not fighting for dominance within one other. I run round tree's and in-between all the bushes, minding my paws on the twigs to not trip but keeping my pace steady and fast. Odd combination really? You might be wondering what we are doing, well what I am doing. I, Celeste Devon, am training with the warriors. I cannot become one just yet as I'm only seventeen but they said I am able to train with them and even said I will become one when I am of age to fight. The Alpha himself said I am one of the best.

I could feel my wolf smirking and howling lowly in pride. It was a huge deal getting a compliment from the Alpha, especially for someone who is my age and female. She-wolfs do not tend to become warriors, sexist I know but it is because we are smaller and weaker than the males. Again, I know. But it comes in handy because I can get in small places and be in the shadows hidden. It gives me an advantage so I do not care or mind as much. I stopped and looked both ways to see one of the male warriors stopping to go over to their mate. I snickered along with my wolf. That is one thing me and my wolf are not looking forward to. A mate.

Someone who will try to boss us around and get us to do what they want. No, doesn't work that way. I don't despise the mate thing, it is cute knowing you will have someone who will love you til the day you die. Unless they reject you. My wolf growled at the thought of us being rejected. I rolled my eyes, quickly settling off before my wolf turns all mushy from looking at the mates. 'That won't happen' my wolf stated matter-of-factly causing me to laugh at that. Running quicker through the forest, loving the feeling of wind through my fur. My wolf was slightly odd. Hearing a snicker 'Say's you.'  i laughed lightly but just rolled my eyes.

My fur was patches off brown, black, white and grey. I had a mix match of colour which is mildly odd but it make's me different. I let out a low howl only to continue running further, pushing my wolf but not too much pressure. I would never take the energy out of her and the same back for me. We are a team, we protect each other. We agree to disagree. 'Let's get back.' my wolf spoke, i nodded. Darting back through the trees, dodging over all the tree stumps and bushes to get back to the pack house. I emerged from the forest, slowing down. Beta Josh sent me an encouraging smile. I gave him a wolfy smile before getting knocked to the ground.

I let out a low growl baring my teeth as i looked up at the person. The person growling down at myself, i snapped my teeth at the person. Warning them to get off me only to get in return a huge lick up the side off my face. 'Ew'  My wolf cringed. I agree, don't know where that tongue has been and i do not want to. "Get the fuck off me!" i mindlinked him. Hearing his laughter around my head before he moved off me. I huffed before rolling over, walking over to grab my clothes to then proceed to walking into one of the sheds and shifting back, putting my clothes on and walking out to see Liam smirking towards me.