Chapter Twenty-Six

Xavier POV

"You look at me like I'm your home"

Watching her eyes stare at me is the best damn feeling in the world, especially when she looks at me like I mean everything to her. My hand cupping over her cheek in a gentle way, my thumb making a circular motion along her cheek bone. Watching as her eyes flutter close and the small smile goes across her plump lips, letting them part ever so slightly.

She is so fucking gorgeous.

Being the Alpha's son meant I learnt about mates pretty much as soon as I was born and knew how to talk. I was shown through books and words on how important my Luna would be to me, how much of an impact my mate would be for me. That she would be would the most important thing to me and it ever anyone try to harm or make her upset, then it would drive me insane with fury.

I didn't quite understand how strongly my feelings would be for someone, to me I understand the meaning and could understand how big of an impact having a mate would be but getting my head around how you can love someone in an instant was bizare and absurd to think about. How you can look someone in the eye and know in that moment you love them with every fibre of your being.

When learning about mates I had gone round to many different packs, even before the age I could find my dear Celeste, to meet other Alpha's and their mates. To hear the knowledge and experiences they have with their own mates. To learn from Alpha's on how I will most likely be or act with my own.

None of them could of ever prepare for the argumentative, flight risk, stubborn fighter that I have for a mate but I wouldn't change her. Not even a single flaw that she has because then she would not be the girl that I am fucking heads over heels in love with.

No matter who I spoke to about mates, whether they we're an Alpha or not, they always described their mate as perfect. Whether it was male or female describing they always used the word perfect in the sentence at one point.

I never truly understood how someone could see anyone as perfect, it seemed impossible for someone to think that way. Everyone has flaws and damage in some way to make them the way they are. Whether it be too quiet, too loud, too happy or too depressed. The idea of the word perfect in my eyes was unrealistic until I had her stood in front of me and all I could think was perfection does not come close to describing her.

They way she smiled with a small dimple appearing in her right cheek. The way she loves so loudly that it makes you do a double take from the sound. Even the way she glared at me makes my heart flutter, it wouldn't matter what she does or says. It wouldn't matter how many times she is a flight risk and makes me worry til my wolf takes charge. She is perfection in my eyes.

Before her I was just alive, now with her I am living.

Celeste is a breathe of fresh air, she makes it all feel easier and more simple just by her presence with me. She also scares the living crap out of me, but they say if she doesn't scare you then she isn't the one. She maybe my mate but that simple fact doesn't change how fucking perfect she is for me. How much I treasure her happiness and well being can be soul destroying.

Especially when I got the link of my beautiful mate being attacked and our child being ripped from us before we even had a chance to have a thought about it.

Suddenly it felt like someone had their hands wrapped tightly round my neck, squeezing the air supply that I needed. The pain I felt in my chest felt like I was suddenly dying, living a complete nightmare that I cannot wake up from. My wolf, over the years has had many injuries from fighting. There was a time I had been ambushed and put into hospital as they pushed my bones back into place while stitching me up without putting me under.