Chapter Twenty-Three

It had been a few days since the incident had happened. Now it is Tuesday and I am still sat in the hospital bed but today is different as i am finally left with my own thoughts. It took nearly a whole day to get rid of the wolf bane that took over my system and now I was healed a lot better, the few bruises that scattered my stomach was still showing but not as dark anymore. The knife wound stood out still but now is slowly turning in a scar and not looking as gruesome as before. My face and lip is healed completely as well as my ribs.

Xavier is currently in a meeting with all the higher up people, he is not joking when he said about taking over the Alpha position a lot faster. Both the Alpha and Luna agreed with it happily so now his father is teaching him faster than normal and training him harder for the position as they work out when the ceremony will be for him to take over. I am terrified on how quickly he is pushing it but I know it is for the best.

My eyes moving to look at the drip in my hand, i did not want to stay sitting in this room for any longer, the smell and lightening are giving me a headache. My hand reached out to my other hand, taking hold of the needle carefully as i gripped it in my fingers. Taking in a deep breath as my eyes looked towards the door then back again. 'You ready?' I questioned my wolf, feeling her nod and quickly put the wall up.

Taking hold of it tightly, i ripped it out as a hiss left my lips as my wolf started healing it at a fast pace so Xavier did not know any different. Pushing off the covers before swinging my legs off the bed and getting up. Softly walking across the room and opening the door as silent as i could, i knew getting caught by Xavier would be a bad thing and I knew if anyone else saw me right now they would scream his name louder than bloody murder. Slipping through the door before I practically started running down the hallway.

The harshness in my chest and stomach protested even with my wolf working at a faster pace to heal us as i turned the corner to run up the stairs. I swear I love suicide because this is clearly a suicidal mission to do but I am not staying in that room any longer otherwise I will need a straight jacket from going insane. I don't fancy a hug me jacket, thanks very much.

Pushing open our bed room door before slamming it shut and locking it. I needed time away from them all and to try and relax away from them all. 'Let the link down now' I whispered to my wolf. If i kept it up and Xavier couldn't get through, he will kick off. I had to learn the hard way about that. 'Now go shower and relax' my wolf demanded making me smile at her as i made my way over to the bathroom and letting the door shut.

Turning the shower on to let the water heat up as i slowly pulled my clothes off and placed them in the laundry basket as my eyes looked at myself in the mirror. I hated the way i am looking,  so fragile when they is not the person I am. Fighting should be what i am doing but instead I was placed in a hospital bed as they refused to let me leave. I even miss school right now and that sucks. Like school?

I even missed my mating teacher, there are so many questions I wanted to ask her and for her to explain it to me. I wish i paid more attention in that lesson instead of focusing all my energy on being a warrior because not understanding so many things sucks. Being a mate is hard and challenging in so many ways that it pushes you to the limit, that you figure some things out about yourself that you never fully understood before and now you question your actions. I question myself on how it will affect Xavier because I never want him to be unhappy.

Angry? Well, that i don't care too much for. I am mated to a hot headed, possessive Alpha. Being angry just comes with the package. The hurt across his features i never want to see again, i hated the look and the pain I felt from his own wolf. I could feel him trying to hold it all back to be strong for me but i also wanted to be strong for him. We are a great pair aren't we?