Chapter Thirteen

As i reached the bottom of the stairs i halted in my actions as i stared up them to know exactly where i would be retreating too would not help me cool down, smelling his scent strongly and knowing my privacy would be evaded as soon as he could. With that thought in mind i turned on my heel and walked out the front door. No, i was not about to run from him. I was simply going to head back home, somewhere i am far enough away from him that i can breathe but also to be able to maybe getting a little advise from my mama. Needing someone who is not higher ranking to give me a little guidance on mates.

I knew each relationship was different. No two pairs had the same amount of feelings, no two pairs had the same story to tell. But we all was destined for someone, we all had a mate that we would be with forever. I wanted to know more from someone who had gone through finding their mate, someone who had settled down and sorted through the problems they may or may not had. I could of asked Alana but she grew up dreaming of wanting a mate, they are still fresh of being together that it seemed the honeymoon stage was still in.

We barely had the honeymoon stage.

I did not want Alana to feel cautious on what to say, i did not want her to feel weird for explaining her story of how she met her mate, knowing it was very different from mine. I did not want my best friend to feel guilty because she does deserve all the happiness and i won't take that from her. I know i could always talk and ask her, i know she would always be there but this sort of thing i never want her to feel bad about and i know her well enough to know she would.

I started picking up speed before i was jogging towards my home and plenty enough away from the pack house. I could see i was passing people who was giving me curious stares, i could also see their eyes glazing over indicating they we're mind linking someone. I quickly shut mine off, knowing what my very own mate is like and will jump to conclusions. I did not need the headache right now.

I slowed down while letting out a sharp exhale as i watched my house's path come into site before i was pushing open the gate and walking down the rocky path to my front door. The questions i wanted to know and ask already spinning round my head, trying not to jumble them up together. Trying to figure out which was the most important but i had silly questions too. I had questions that may make me blush and be embarrassed but i needed to know. Maybe paying attention in mating class would of helped me out a whole lot right now.

"Here goes" I mumbled to myself before pushing open the front door and entering, the place that i wanted to call home but did not feel like it any more since being next to Xavier. The place where my whole life has been but now just feels like an empty shell with furniture in and people i do call family. I hated the feeling i got from this house, like i did not belong here anymore. The humming sound i could hear was my mother singing as she danced round the kitchen to no music as she worked on the next recipe she was making.

My feet moving to the entrance to the kitchen, my mum turning on her feet to face me. A smile going over her face as she took in my sweaty appearance. "Celeste, what are you doing here honey? Is everything okay?" She asked, the concern look on her face as she put the mixing bowl down and wiped her hands on her apron as she approached me. I shook my head as i felt the tears build up with all the frustration i had inside me. Her body moving faster towards me as she cupped my cheek as soon as she was in front, her eyebrows going together as she checked over my face making sure i was not physically hurt.

"What's wrong my dear?"

I felt my bottom lip quiver as i tried to hold the frustration, i could feel my wolf scratching on the inside begging to come out. My mother tilting my head so i would look more into her eyes. "Go have a shower, then if you want to talk we can but if you only want to sit in silence in front of the fire that is fine too." the tone she used was gentle causing me to nod.