Chapter Eight

After a while I felt weightless when the blackness had consumed me seconds after his mark was complete. The temperature from the heat had dropped drastically but the core inside had heightened as I could feel my wolf wanting to complete the progress with our mate. I knew the risk the mark had, making my heat ten times worse than it is and making the full blown heat come as well but there is only so much resistance you can take before you can give in and I gave in a long time ago it seems.

I knew I had pushed Xavier and put him on edge. I knew he was already walking on egg shells around me because I was a flight risk but there is only so much a rejection a girl can take. A mark is something a wolf needs before she becomes up for grabs. Such a horrible thing to say, that any young female is up for grabs if their mate has not marked them. The rules are disgusting and I damn well am not bringing a cub into this world without trying to change the system first.

I know its impossible to change the ways because it's our nature but it doesn't mean it all has to be the way it is, especially with the things we can change.

My ears strained trying to listen to where my mate could be in the house before my eyes fluttered open to find I was in a dark room, my eyes adjusting as I looked round to find myself laying on a bed, as I looked further round I could not find my mate. Has he left me? Did I push him too hard? I let out a deep breathe as I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind while I climbed off the bed and over to the door that was slightly cracked open. My eyes shutting straight away as the light blared before they started to adjust only for a groan to leave my lips as I stared at the bathroom.

Quickly moving back out the bathroom and looking back round to see the other door on the other side of the room. I really should of got Xavier to show me around this place before I urged him. I opened that door hoping it was the way out and not the closet. A sigh of relief leaving my lips as I walked out into the hallway and looked both ways and sniffed the air for my mate before following his faint scent. I kept quiet even though I know he would be able to smell me. I walked down the stairs, letting my eyes take in the house before I walked round the corner and leaned against the door frame as Xavier was sat on the chair in front of the fire with his body tense and his fingers in his hair.

The atmosphere he sent off was a horrible feeling. I could see and feel he was tense, I could also feel the anger he was feeling and I suddenly felt really guilty for pushing him. My wolf started to sulk badly in my mind. 'You pushed me to get him to mark me!' I hissed at her, hating the fact she was sulking and howling when she is the one to push me. I heard her yelp at them words as I felt my heart sink. 'What do we do?' She whispered to me before she took slight control and done the only thing we always know how. As I quickly moved away from the door frame and walked on through before seeing a glass door, my wolf yelping and whining in my head that we pushed him into it. The hurt feeling taking over as I pushed open the door and gasping as the cold air touched my heated skin before I shifted mid step. A whine leaving my snout loudly.

I went to set off running but I didn't get far before I was tackled to the ground, laid on my back with a wolf above me growling slightly as I stared up at him, adoration setting in on his face as he stared at me. Xavier shook his head slightly before nuzzling his head against mine before I heard his voice mumble around my head. "You are a flight risk" I could hear in his tone he was worried and frustrated. I felt defeated and my wolf cried loudly round my head making me shift back as I kept my eyes shut and covered over my eyes with my hands.

I should be embarrassed the fact I was laid under Xavier in his wolf form naked but I wasn't. I was tired and frustrated with how everything kept turning out so wrong when it shouldn't. I was angry that I pushed him into something and threatened him with it. I was upset that he willingly did not want to. All I wanted to do right this second was train and get my mind away from all this mess having a mate does.