Benefits ♡

After we had lunch, I left Taiju's restaurant to get ready for work.

I had told Taiju goodbye and the reasoning as to why I had to cut lunch short.

I left the building and walked towards my car, unlocking it and getting in. I put the car in gear and pulled out to drive back to Taiju's place.

I haven't been to work in a few days since I requested to have the next two days after New Years off.

It wasn't easy, but my request went through, even though I had to be back to work a couple of days later.

And a couple of days later marks today, January 3rd.

Which brings me here, back to Taiju's place and changing into my work uniform.

I put on my usual scrub attire and work shoes. I made sure my hair was styled where it wouldn't get in my way of work, touching it up in the process.

I sighed as I made sure I had my phone and any other necessities needed for while I was at work. I navigated towards the messages app on my phone while I had my phone in my hand.

Before I checked my friends messages, I messaged one of my female co-workers, Violet, that I needed help with something in the pharmacy region of the hospital, telling her that I will explain more in depth when I clock in.

After I finished that, I checked the rest of my pending messages.

I looked at them, focusing on the people that I message on the daily rather than the extra ones. I may or may not have overlooked Draken and Inui's texts and opened Yuzuha's instead.

"When are we going to hang out again? I miss you :(" the message read. I smiled as I messaged her back, returning the affection of her message.

"I miss you too babes :(. Shit has been hectic, I swear. I have work right now, and I literally wanna die." I messaged her back.

I also told her that we could hang out tomorrow or the day after.

Let's be real, the last few days I've had off have been anything but relaxing.

I was doing something each day, the twenty-four hours of the past days feeling like five minutes.

I hope that I feel more relaxed at work than when I'm with Taiju, because secretly I clench my ass cheeks when I'm around his intimidating aura.

I grabbed a light jacket since it was a little chilly and considering it would be late by the time I got off of work, meaning that it would be colder than it is right now.

I walked downstairs and grabbed my keys from the key hanger by the door.

I double checked to make sure I had everything I needed, not wanting to leave something behind on accident.

I had everything I needed, so I walked out of the door, closing the door and checking to make sure it was locked.

I had barely turned around before a loud ass honk sounded through the air. I jumped from the sudden action, heart beating fast in my chest as I checked to see what ass of a person had done that.

Of course, it was none other than the owner of this house, Taiju motherfucking Shiba.

I flipped him off. "You asshole!" I yelled.

Taiju rolled his window down as he stuck his head out of the now open window. Taiju had the audacity to wink at me.

"Get in!" Taiju yelled over the engine of the car. Taiju stuck his head back in the window, but then stuck his left hand out and returned the middle finger back at me.