Mon amour ♡

Later today; 7:24 pm

"Come on!" I exclaimed, dragging Taiju along after he paid.

It was finally hours later and Taiju and I were just about to board the boat. We decided to get on one of those boats that have a closed roof, but have windows for the people on it to see Paris.

I was in front of Taiju, leading him by hand onto the boat. I led us to the end of the boat, seating us in the corner.

As cliché and sappy as it may seem, yes, Taiju and I are on a boat ride. All for me of course. It just seems like a crime to be in France and not get on a boat ride down the waters of the Seine.

More people filed in before the boat started to move down the stream at a steady pace. I looked in front of me at the slowly moving scenery of Paris.

I rested my head against Taiju's arm, enjoying the comfortable silence, soft spoken sound of conversations from the other people on the boat, and the sound of the water moving around.

7:54 pm

The first thirty minutes went by in no time.

My position changed and I was now seated back up, Taiju's hand placed on my thigh closest to him.

Taiju gave my thigh a few rubs and squeezes before I shot him a glare, one that read to not try anything funny. Much to my surprise, Taiju shot me back a smirk that practically told me his actions weren't of ill intent unless I wanted it to be.

I gaped at him before turning back to look in front of me, placing my hand on top of the hand of Taiju's that was on my thigh.

My fingers played with the rings that adorned Taiju's hand, lingering over the only empty finger on his hand a couple of times; the ring finger.

It hasn't really crossed my mind if Taiju ever thought about marrying me. For someone who is an avid "Christian", I would think that at this point, Taiju would have no choice but to slip a ring on my finger. But what if that's not the case?

"Look." Taiju said, squeezing my thigh to get my attention. I broke away from my thoughts before looking ahead of me. Taiju swore he could see my eyes sparkling,

Yeah, I wanted to go on this boat ride for the experience, but also to be able to see the Eiffel Tower while on the boat AS the sun set.

Even though I saw it yesterday when we had dinner on the rooftop, and I will be able to climb it later, it still feels different to see it with the sun slowly sinking down in the sky behind it.

It couldn't get any better than this.

8:24 pm

Or so I thought.

That's what I thought until the boat ride ended and Taiju pulled a black blindfold out of his pocket once we exited the said boat.

I looked at him with a quizzical look. "What's the blindfold for?" I asked. "Turn around." Taiju said, not answering my question. I crossed my arms, waiting for him to answer before turning around.

Taiju rolled his eyes. "It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you, now would it?" Taiju remarked. Taiju didn't answer my question but nonetheless, I still turned around.

Taiju cracked a small smile before bringing his hands around to tie the blindfold around my eyes.

"You better not throw me in the water or something." I mumbled. Taiju chuckled before grabbing my hand to lead the way.

I trusted Taiju as I followed behind him, soon hearing the sound of a car door opening and me being settled into the backseat of the car.

Taiju settled into the backseat and then shut the door. "Can you at least tell me where we're goi- hey!"