Surprise! ♡

A/N: Just a little note before you read the chapter. We're back in the present and after this chapter it will be back in the readers pov! Enjoy!

~~

Taiju's POV

You know how when you're driving and you sort of go on autopilot? Don't even feel yourself driving or anything, but you made it safe and sound to your destination?

That's how I feel right now.

It felt like it took me two minutes to get to the hospital, no recollection of passing the familiar landmarks I'm used to as me driving had felt like a blur.

But I had no time to waste as I parked my car, immediately jumping out and going through the automatic doors of the hospital to the front desk.

"Hi! Are you-" I cut the nurse receptionist off before she even got her full sentence out. "I'm here for (Y/n) (L/n). I heard it is detrimental." I explained in a bit of hysterics.

"Oh- yes, right this way sir." The nurse said nervously. I don't know if it was because of my strong build, the power my name holds, or just if it was my pure hysterics that had cause the nurse to respond with some shakiness in her voice.

Or maybe there was something wrong with (Y/n) that had the nurse shaken up.

But I didn't have enough time to really ponder on that situation as I was following closely behind the nurse who had guided me through the double doors of the trauma bay in the hospital.

Just seeing that word had my heart sink, and it really didn't make it any better that I don't really know what happened to (Y/n).

I wasn't told any details over the phone, some stupid protocol that I know the hospital has, so my imagination was able to run wild with all kinds of bad things that could've or did happen.

Before I could get even more lost in my thoughts, I noticed that we had come to a stop. "This is (Y/n)'s room. You can-" I didn't even let the nurse finished as I hurriedly went into the room.

My feet had stopped in it's tracks upon walking into the room. The door had closed behind me as my eyes had met (Y/n)'s, who was sitting up in the bed and in the middle of watching TV.

(Y/n) stared back at me. We didn't say anything for a few moments, and within those few moments, I had took the time to analyze (Y/n).

I scanned their body, and I wasn't met with anything too detrimental. That also could depend on what your meaning of detrimental is though considering (Y/n) was alive but they did have a sling on their right arm.

That was the most serious injury that I noticed and hoped was the only serious issue minus the few scrapes or bruises across (Y/n)'s arms and face.

"Surprise! I'm alive!" (Y/n) had said after several minutes of silence. (Y/n) smiled softly as I still didn't move from the spot I've been standing in for a while.

Given the circumstances, it's safe to say that (Y/n) is more than alright.

"Oh my god." I breathed out. "You're kidding." I said. "What?" (Y/n) questioned. "I need to sit down." I said, my legs suddenly having a jelly feeling despite (Y/n) being alright and all.

I walked over to the chair that was in the corner of the room, dragging the chair right beside (Y/n) and the bed.

I exhaled sharply, rubbing my face as I mentally calmed myself. "How and why are you so calm right now?" I asked. (Y/n) looked at me with a simple expression.

"No 'thank god you're alive', or 'I'm so happy you're okay!' or anything?" (Y/n) scoffed. I stared at them. "Thank god you're alive and I'm so happy you're okay." I said mockingly. "But what in the hell had even happened!?" I seriously asked.