[09]

NINJA NINE:

~Marina's Pov~

If I die... Tell Mom and Dad I love them, tell Jason he'll always be my fuzzy brained fish, tell Jakob he was an amazing driver and finally, tell Topaz she deserved better than me. Sincerely Marina!

Good days by SZA echoed faintly in my ears.

~ ~ ~

I felt something heavy applying force on my chest yet it seemed like I was far away from my own body.

My throat was closed and the air entering from my nose couldn't get to my hot lungs, a violent cough shook my shivering body back to life and my eyes flickered open. My vision blurred, then slurred before finally settling and I winced as pain shot up behind my eyes due to the sunlight.

Am I dead?
Is there sunlight in heaven?

Panicking, my arms flailed and I found myself screaming in a fit of hysteria as water gorge out of my mouth, where was Jason?
A pair of arms drew me in and I relaxed. I was no longer stuck in the ocean.

"I guess we meet again." Someone who seemed awkwardly familiar hovered me, grinning.

The machines in my head ticked away... It was 'stranger'.

"Thank goodness, Marina, I had already printed my obituary." Jason's annoyingly afraid voice filled my waterlogged eardrums.

I pressed my fingers to my temples as I sat up fully, he placed his arms on my back in a protective manner. Glancing around, I noticed my close call had drawn a small crowd, mortified that I'd caused a scene, I hid my face which was stupid because they had already seen it.

"I almost died, Jason, why did you swim away?" I whispered to Jason on the verge of having a second panic attack.

He shouldn't have left me.

"Yes, blame me for your swimming shortcomings, Marina." Jason rolled his eyes in exasperation. "At least you're safe and that's all that matters."

Everyone started to disperse, too bad for them I wasn't entertaining or putting on a drowning show any longer.

"Thanks, Man." Jason said and shook hands with the stranger.

"Ay, don't sweat it, that's what I'm around here for." He said smoothly.

His voice was as smooth as the creamed cheese on any bagel. Was he a lifeguard or something?

"Give me a sec, let me go get our things." Jason said patting my shoulder with his wet sand smudged hands before abandoning me again for the second time today.

The stranger cleared his throat.

"We have to stop meeting like this." He said while squatting on the sand, he was shirtless.

I stared at him blankly, "You're that skating guy from yesterday?"

"Indeed I am." He nodded proudly.

What was his name again? I think he said his name was, Kir-Bi? I sighed, I was no better than Jason when it came to remembering names and dates.

"Thank you for saving me since that douche I call a friend left me to die, I'm Marina."

"Mmeh, just because you were pretty." Bodie replied flatly.

Yeah I remember his name, I was just messing around, it's hard to forget the name of a cute guy, sue me.

"So if I was ugly?"

"You would have drowned," he said plainly with a serious expression on his face.

Is he mad or something?

Justice for ugly people?

"You're sick." I said to him as I stood up.

He laughed, "You should have seen the other guy, he looked ready to kill himself any second." He said pointedly at Jason whom was walking towards us basking in his confident aura with a small cloth pile cradled in his hands.

Surprising both of us, Jason gripped my shoulders, then pulling me close, he kissed my forehead.

"Oh, Marina, I thought I'd lost you." He said mocking a girly tone.

I shoved him while Bodie just stared between us in confusion.

"I'm sorry man, she's not always like this, see you around though, thanks again." Jason thanked him for the billionth time.

With a last wave my way, Bodie disappeared into the crowd leaving me with this fuzzy brained animal that looked so breathtaking.

"I think I'm getting sick, let's get out of here and go do something less hazardous like cuddling." I cringed as the last word bounded off my tongue.

Jason hissed a laughter, "And she's not infatuated."

I glared at him, crossing my hands across my chest, as I stormed off like an angry five year old refusing to put on their Christmas cloth and attend the family dinner.

~ ~ ~

The waters were closing in again, dragging me under, way way under, into the darkest parts of the sea. I kicked and tried towards the sun light, I screamed and nobody heard because my voice was muffled mess under the water. The salt water burned my throat, strangling me with no escape.

"Jason!" I screamed suddenly and this time around I heard myself.

That's when my eyes flew open.

It was just a bad dream.
Just a bad dream, Marie.

"Ssh, it's okay, I've got you!" Jason whispered as he cradled me deeper into his arms.

Hot and clammy around my neck, my chest was heaving heavily as I struggled to control my breathing, "Please don't leave me again." I muttered, helpless as I snuggled against his chest.

"I won't." Jason said firmly as he stroked my sandy blond curls and rested his chin on top my head.

Like the most cruel joke, immediately we got back to our room, I got sick.

Well this was the aftermath of my water phobia.

My temperature was in Venus right now and my body was in Pluto. You know that feeling when you're running temperature yet you're under a blanket because of some random abnormal chill.

I smiled to myself as Dababy's voice rang in my eyes, "...stand next to me you be catching fevers!"

"Creep, why you smiling?" Jason asked staring down at me as she stroked my hands to warm me.

"I'm cold, Jason." I shivered, ignoring his question.

Then, much to my liking, Jason took off his shirt so I could share his body warmth, he wrapped his arms around me and drapped a blanket over us. After three bowls of hot soup and medication, I was feeling drowsy but I was scared to go back to sleep because of the nightmare. This nightmare is going to last a week at most. Get ready Jason. I mentally noted.

"Jeez Marina you're such a bore, it's just the start of the week, better be well at first light or I'm taking us back to Palm Springs."

I smiled weakly, my body was succumbing to the drug's effect now, I knew that because I heard myself muttering, "I love you, Jason."

Were drugs like alcohol, making you say things impulsively? But nevertheless, I strangely didn't regret saying that out loud, I mean it was the truth after all, I did love Jason. The silence in the room that followed after that made me doubt he'd heard me, he was probably at sleep by now. It was high time I slept too. In Jason's arms, the previous fear vanished and I could feel a fitful sleeping coming.

Just before I drifted totally into sleep, I heard a really low whisper, like he didn't want me to hear what he said, then he repeated the words again, this time I heard him clearer and my heart fluttered.

"I love you too, Fuzzy."

~ ~ ~
A/N: *pukes* wacky chapter yeah?
I promise it gets better, don't forget to vote and say hi in the comments. Love you.
TheShadyButterfly🦋.