[46]

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX:

46: ~Jason's Pov~

After standing in the cold rain for fifteen minutes we got back into the car and continued the ride back home.

"So... My home or yours?" I asked her.

"Yours is better, not sure mine is a home any longer besides if Jakob wanted me home, I think he would have cared to call." Marie responded with a sad smile perched on her facial features.

I nodded and focused on the dark lonely road.

It was surprising the fuzz and customers the Vibe Bar had when it was situated in a ghost town, then again for many people distance doesn't matter when it comes to getting the best service.

"Aren't you going to pick up, she'll think you stood her up." Marie said out of the blues.

My eyes darted from the road and looked her way and that's when I noticed my phone was beeping. I ignored it.

"She?" I asked her, not sure I understood what she meant.

"I know you love me but do you really think I believe you came all the way to vibe bar just to get me?" She chuckled.

Okay I think I get where this conversation is headed.

"I think you've got some alcohol in your brain." I joked.

"Oh please cut me some slack I know what you're capable of, Jason." She continued.

I decided to play along. "I was going to dump her anyways, just another fling you know."

"That's cold. I would know." Marie muttered and looked out the window.

I chuckled to myself. "Oh really?"

She looked my way with a dull smile on her pale face.

Obviously it must have been the alcohol talking because I mean last I checked my fuzzy ran off at twelve with the team's point guard.

The innocency on her face was the purest thing to stare at... I really wish I could just lean over and kiss her.

"What's going on in your mind? You creep!" She said sloppily, shoving my arm playfully.

I laughed. "Nothing."

We got to my house faster than I expected... Oh I had been driving to hell at one point. Hehe.

I turned off the engine and pulled my keys out of the ignition, kicking the doors open, I went around the car just in time to get the door for her, meanwhile the heavy rain had reduced to a drizzle.

"Come on, let's get you inside." I said and made to carry her into the house but she stopped me instead.

"That's fine, I can walk."

"Sure?"

"I'm not hunger over, already sober even, still mad at you though." She bickered and pouted her lips playfully like a seven year old.