[45]

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE:

45: ~Marina's Pov~

"Look I know you're really not asking for my opinion or anything but don't you think you're being saucy instead of being supportive, your fam-"

"You're damn right I'm not asking for your opinion, so if you don't mind?" I raised my brow at the glass of alcohol shot he was toying with on the wooden table.

"Fine." Bodie sighed and passed me my eighth shot for the night.

In contrast to the windy evening atmosphere present outside, Vibe Bar was relatively warm in it's damp atmosphere due to the sprayers by either side of the entry door that sprinkle water on each customer who walks through the door as a form of welcome.

The orange lamps hanging from the ceiling and placed on each table alongside the dim red and blue lighting in the large bar really gave off it's intended Japanese themed vibes. Japanese writings were also carved on the counter top, while the visible walls has Japanese murals, the floor just had writings.

Also they had an arcade and an inner chamber meant for all sorts of board and billiards games. The Bar had booths and even VIP sections with red beaded curtains for privacy in the darker corners but all around the center wooden table tops and stools were strategically arranged. Two minutes in and I understood why Bodie couldn't shut up about the place.

Bodie and I sat at the main counter behind which the bartender was working, overlooking the numerous drink shelves, wine cellers and the deadly appealing options they held.

Might be the alcohol but I guess I had divulged all my life problems to Bodie in the last thirty minutes and the honest truth is; Bodie is a good drinking partner, I mean he doesn't push conversations, doesn't ask further questions, he just sits, drinks and listens. Well except for few minutes ago when he tried to be a 'voice of reason', I mean he was right but I really didn't need judgement right now.

I'll worry about real life later.

"I have to admit, you've got some backbone Marietta, ten shots down and you haven't slipped off your stool yet, that's particularly amusing for a first timer." Bodie smirked at me.

Darnell's cocky smile flashed before my eyes and I felt my heart ache.

"Double shots now." I said to the bartender.

The door jingled and a couple of guys walked in, hissing cusses as water sprinkled on them.

"I'll be right back." Bodie tapped the counter before excusing himself.

I wasn't sure how long it'll take Bodie to get back but the personal space was nice, giving me some time to replay today's events all over again for the fifteen hundredth time.

I wanted to drink till I couldn't remember anything any longer especially not Darnell or my parents.

"Looks like you're having too much to drink, princess."

I might be a little tipsy but that sure as hell wasn't Bodie's voice.

~ ~ ~

~Jason's POV~

Jakob warned me not to go after Marina but we both had already messed up everything.

The moment I arrived and Jakob told me she might have read our texts and isn't picking her phone anymore, the message was clear.

I messed up big time for not telling her the truth. Going to Santa Monica together was just a distraction, her parents knew and my parents knew too, we claimed we were protecting her but were we really?