[22]

Eek! Sorry to interrupt your reading just wanted to say: WE'VE HIT ONE THOUSAND READS!!!! thank you guys, it's literally just been six weeks! The new cover was made by DetectiveWatson... Alright bye!!!

TWENTY-TWO:

22: ~Marina's Pov~

Darnell and I drove out of Palm Springs into Coachella valley region, it was then I realized where we were actually headed.

"Oh my God." I gasped quietly.

Because our first stop after that crazy encounter at the deserted refill station was at the nearest iHop, and I thought we were just having pancakes and chilling but then I was wrong because Darnell ordered a to-go pack and then we left for this unknown location and being mystery boy, Darnell wouldn't tell me where or what.

Anyways we rode up the hill and down into the valley to the Rancho Mirage Observatory.

Someone pinch me and tell me Darnell is not about to take me on my dream date...

"Catching on yet?"

I guess underneath all his facade, Darnell was a huge romantic.

I smiled and looked out the window drinking in the observatory. Well if you don't know what the Rancho Mirage Observatory is, it's a star gazing terrain, basically a recreational center but I'd never been here before and like I mentioned earlier my dream date was stargazing with my lover... I know Darnell isn't my lover but he was a good backup.

But...

The observatory was closed.

"They're closed." I said to him when I noticed he was still driving towards the building.

"I know, they close at 4pm."

"Then why'd you bring us here?"

"You ask too many questions, Jocelyn."

"Fine whatever don't answer me, you never do anyway."

"Aww look at the little baby." Darnell cooed obviously enjoying the tantrum.

He drove forward, made a smooth turn- curse Marina's driving skills- and faced the car in the direction which we came then he parked his car in the open, meters away from the building.

"You're the worst." I muttered to him.

"Hey, I'm the one trying to make you happy by doing this." He reminded me.

"Well I didn't ask you too."

He smirked and said, "But you still accepted."

I rolled my eyes at him and huffed.

Darnell got out of the Jeep Wrangler and went around it to the back and opened the boot, he set the strap to keep it open then he walked to my side of the car and tapped on the window, I was confused and ended up opening the car which hit him in the abdomen.

"Ow."

"Crybaby! What are we still doing here?"