[55]

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE:

55: ~Kiara's Pov~

It felt like a lifetime since we all sat at this table together; Jakob, me, Jason, Marina and the boys from the team. It was like a big family reunion moment.

Jason was trying to beat his fried chips record, Eugene was filming it and the other boys were cheering him up.

Marina sighed beside me and dipped her head dramatically. "Isn't this the same boy who just finished the soda can challenge with Jakob moments ago? He's gonna dislocate his jaw soon!"

"Boys and risk basically a five and a six!"

"Barrrrsssssss!!!" Marina cooed.

I nudged her arm playfully.

"Here comes the plot twist." Marie said, looking straight ahead.

Milan and Jeanne were heading in our direction. Yeah that's right, Milan Collymore brought Jeanne to the Winter Formal so I guess they were like a thing–

"Brunette is here to help us find out who the psycho is!" Milan said as he slammed his hands on the table.

–Or not?

"Sure!" I shot them my go-lucky smile.

"ONE HUNDRED!" The boys thundered making Marina and I jerk in fear and every head in the cafeteria turn in our direction.

"Sick!" Milan exclaimed, paying attention to the chaos.

"Is he going to chew all that?" Jeanne asked me.

"That's a question I can't answer, you'd have to watch the gory yourself b-girl." I said innocently.

Marina shook her head, "Not only is that a waste of food, he also suffers a choking risk..."

"Run for student president but you keep declining!" I said and we chuckled.

"I'm going to grab a bottle of yogurt." Marina said and excused herself.

"Can we go somewhere more private? The matter is confidential." Milan said to me, shaking out of his past trance.

"Mhmm," I nodded, "See you after school Cariño." I said to Jakob and he sloppily kissed my cheek.

As I was about to stand up, Marina's phone screen lit it and it caught my eye.

An unknown number... Pretty sus. I thought.

I tapped on the message and checked the number, my eyes locked with Milan's and he understood. Marina was walking back just then so I gripped her wrist and pulled her along with us.

"What's the rush?" She asked.

"You've been getting these messages, why didn't you say anything?" I asked back.

She shook her head like she didn't understand me, "What messages?"

"First off, I wasn't snooping through your phone, you left it on the table and you got a message from an unknown number that read..." I trailed as I handed her phone to her.