[21]

TWENTY-ONE:

~Marina's Pov~

Hit different
Hit different
Hit different when I'm sitting here alone
-all by myself...

I had my montblanc MB 01 on as I had fun with my basketball. It was Friday evening, practice today was cool, I mean as Team Manager all I had to do was keep tabs on all the team members but staying around so much tetesterone can make a girly tire easily especially when two of them just kept taking your breath away with every score, hearty laugh, trick and intentional muscle flexing. And it seemed like all the guys were making an effort to impress me expect Jakob though, he didn't even act like I was present.

Well, Jakob was upstairs doing boy stuff now and I just felt like loosing some body fluid. I haven't been out here for up to ten minutes and the sun wasn't high up so I wasn't loosing body fluid yet.

An engine revving behind me drew my attention and I pulled my headphone off as I tossed the ball to the ground and turned around, stopping the moving ball with my leg.

"Hey, Jo!" Darnell greeted me from across the street as he shut the boot and walked to the driver's seat of the Jeep Wrangler.

I crossed over the picket fence and jogged towards him. "Hey, you going somewhere?"

"Sorta." He replied and rested him hand on the car door signifying that he was itching to leave. "And before you ask anything else, it's boys only."

I glared at him. "You still owe me something, remember?"

"No, I don't remember."

"The basketball shootout? The one I wonnn?!" I stressed the last word for emphasis.

He groaned with a playful glint in his eyes, "God, no."

"Oh, yess!"

"So what do you want now?"

"Take me with you!" I shrugged offhandedly.

"Whatever... Just because I always keep my word."

"Gimme two minutes, let me go change. You better be in the driveway by the time I get back." I warned him and I couldn't help but giggle a little.

"And miss out on your company?"

"You're cocky!" I said and backed up a little.

"You're pretty annoying yourself, Jocelyn." He said with a cocky smirk and then raised his index finger and swung it from left to right, "The clock is ticking."

I skidded over into the house and met Jakob shuffling down the stairs.

"Hey, I was just on my way to join you outside, it's been a while I beat you at a game."

I shot him a look of disapproval and he grinned at my annoyance. "Well, you're late, I just made plans. Bye!"

He chuckled and repeated, "Plans."

"Have fun being the Hunter family snitch." I retorted.

He laughed this time, "Plans!"