[57]

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN:

57: ~Jason's Pov~

I pulled up at the Hunter's house, with a heavy sigh, I grabbed the bouquet of flowers from the passengers seat and got out of my Mazda, walking up to their front doors. It has been a long minute since I was last here.

The sky was dull, much like my life lately.

Asides basketball nothing seemed to really make sense to me anymore, life was just bleak, I really hoped the regionals would bring some color because Coach House has really been hard on us recently.

I spotted Jakob at the basketball court, all sweaty and taking three point shots.

"Hunter!" I called out to him, walking towards his direction.

"What's up, man? She's upstairs." Jakob said, not even sparing me a second glance.

I get it, he didn't want to be distracted plus I was holding flowers. Pathetic. I probably came off as a hopeless romantic.

"Jakob, it's not what you think. I just want my best friend back." I told him.

"I said... Marina is upstairs, Kuyper." Jakob replied, stressing his words. "Fine, you know I've always supported your friendship with Marina, just that recently she's had enough boy problems to deal with and I'm just looking out for my sister, I know how bad I felt when Kiara wasn't talking to me. Marie has the purest heart and teenage boys know how to take that for granted."

I stayed silent.

"If you break her heart again, I'll cut yours out. It's a promise." He smiled, returning back to his game.

Moments later, I was standing outside her room door. I knocked a bit louder since I could hear music playing behind the door. Seconds later, the door clicked and open, her eyes lit in surprise but she maintained her composure.

"Am I still welcome in your room?"

Before I knew it, she piped up and pulled me against herself in a sweet embrace. Her body felt warm and delicate against mine. I held on tighter and dipped my head in the curve of her neck. She scented like vanilla.

"Always." She muffled before letting go.

"I got you flowers." I muttered, suddenly feeling shy.

"I see you're still the romantic."

I chuckled to myself as a memory came flooding, "That's what you said the last time."

We both laughed.

~ ~ ~

~Marina's Pov~

Jason had left a while ago and he left me in high spirit. No matter what I might have told myself, I did miss Jason, a lot. It took the visit for me to realize though.

I have been brainstorming for a few days on what to write for the Scoop that was suitable for a spicy cover story, something about recent events in SLake and I finally decided on what to write.

Maybe, just maybe Mr Wiley was right and I had the potential to be a writer. That would really spice my dull life up. For example, I haven't stepped outside our house throughout the day and I don't even plan too.

Oops, I didn't have a laptop.

I mean I never saw the need for one because I did everything I wanted on my cellphone. And I couldn't operate a laptop, all I could do was just type on Microsoft word and make presentations on power point. I didn't know how to watch a movie on a laptop, load files from a flashdrive, use the internet, play music or any of that shenanigan. I was basically a computer illiterate.

Instead of stressing my ass with writing to typing, I might as well just borrow Jakob's laptop.

I went to my window and poked my sandy blond head out.

"Hey Jake, I need your laptop." I called out to the sweater trainee.

"One scratch and I'll take your car." He looked up and winked.

I gasped, "Don't you dare touch my baby."

Marie finally has a car. Marie finally has a car. Marie finally has a car. I sang in my mind as I skidaddled to Jakob's room.

The red and black interior brought me to a fast halt. I didn't know he had some work done. It was beautiful alright but scary because it seemed like a Vudu priest's temple. Just kidding.

I grabbed the laptop from his desk and ran back to my bedroom.

The beauty about life is the ability to make a joke out of everything. I was going to turn my Winter Formal dilemma to a cover story.

I graciously typed on the title: Love or Lies?

~ ~ ~
A/N: another short chapter, next chapter might be a little longer, a little secret: Milan knows who the stalker is :) I'm excited.
TheShadyButterfly🦋.