[24]

Are you rooting for Darnell? Comment #TeamD. Are you rooting for Jason? Comment #TeamJ.

TWENTY-FOUR:

24: ~Marina's Pov~

I stared at Mr Wiley's handwriting on the whiteboard as I let my mind wander to the Wuthering Heights characters, Mr Wiley's question echoing in my mind;

"How would you describe those characters? One word for each."

One word.

For Catherine and her daughter: I'd say confused, for Heathcliff: probably between shrewd, wicked or toxic, for Isabella: infatuated or naive, for Nelly: understanding, for Hindley: melancholic, for Joseph: self-righteous, for Edgar: simple...

"Alright, that aside. How would you describe Joseph? Anyone?" Mr Wiley threw in an open question.

Easy peasy! I raised my hand to answer the question.

"Mr King? Why don't you help us." Mr Wiley suggested and I impishly retracted my raised hand.

"Ouuuuuu, it burns doesn't it?" Bodie cooed behind me and I turned to glare at him.

This happened to be our first class together, and my favorite sitting position turned out to be where the boys preferred to sit around, Bodie had been quiet till now... For someone so cute he was equally as annoying and childish too and for what it's worth, we were still strangers to one another.

"Chill out, KB." Darnell said.

"KB..." I repeated with feigned disgust and it obviously triggered the boys.

By the time my attention returned back to the classroom and I realized whom Mr Wiley had called on to answer the question, I made a quick mental note to pay extra attention.

The first sound that hit my ears were Curtis heavy English accent. I could literally hear my subconscious screaming but thankfully there were no butterflies yet. I was a simp for guys with British accents, something about their voices hits different, from the deepness, to the sound, to the slight crack, the masculinity... Ugh! Marry me Curtis! I'm still trying to process how I've been attending the same school with this guy for about three weeks and he'd gone unnoticed. I think my junior year is cursed, where did all these hot boys suddenly emerge from? First Darnell, then Bodie and now Curtis with the deep accent. I might loose my mind soon.

Mr Wiley's voice interrupted my daydream, "Could you repeat what you just said one more time for those who weren't paying attention."

Even though Mr Wiley wasn't looking my way, I could literally feel all his fingers pointing in my direction. Well no one has control over their imaginations. Can't blame a teenager girl.

"From my preview of Joseph's character, it's simple, he was a self-righteous individual, he claimed he served God but he was as much a sinner as anyone else in wuthering heights, other than that, I'd like to add that he was a good servant, loyal to whomever was master, even if he might have had selfish purposes in mind." Curtis explained.

"Brilliant!" Mr Wiley said, obviously impressed by his new student.

Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.

I could literally feel my mind telling me to focus on Darnell but my eyes kept drifting in Curtis's direction, whom was surprisingly sitting at the front row, any chances I have a nerd and a bad boy in one? Curse the law of attraction, because what was this? Darnell adviced me to avoid Curtis, I promise to do that but admiring is totally harmless and allowed, yes?