Chapter 20

Hello there I am back, sorry I took so long. I had come down with the rare case of lazyitus. There were much more things that I had going on as well. I got a part time job and college being a college. But now i am back and intend to finish this story and something more for you to know I am using a new writing style, I like this one better than the last one as it is better, to me. Also, I haven't been completely idle, I have been writing a new story, a sequel if you will. I am not going to tell you the main world, like Seven deadly sins, but i might drop some hints for you to find in upcoming chapters and current chapters well then, i hope you enjoy the... Eight deadly sins Chapter 10 INTO THE UNKNOWN (sorry it is short)

Into the Unknown

(Y/N) was sound asleep in his room as a powerful presence wakes him up, as he rushes downstairs the presences heads towards where he believes to be Camelot, only to see the sins entering the tavern without Meliodas and Elizabeth

(Y/N) (mind): what is going on?

King heads over to a table and sits down.

King: GODDAMNIT (punches the table) WHAT THE HELL IS THE CAPTAIN THINKING (then looks at his hand in pain)

Merlin: what the hell is the captain thinking? He's still suffering the effects of the demon king stealing his emotions.

(Y/N) (mind): so that is how bad things are.

Diane: REGARDLESS WE CAN'T LET THOSE TWO GO AWAY LIKE THIS

Hawk: for a second there. I could have sworn that he called me the "demon king"

King: are you sure you weren't just imagining it?

Hawk: well. He probably just meant that my strength is demon king-class.

(Y/N) (quietly): does that mean that...?

Merlin: sir Hawk. May I?

Hawk (walking to merlin): Hrm~? May you what?

Merlin gets down to get a closer look at Hawks face as she then gets a surprised look.

Merlin: how interesting. Sir Hawk. You. Are connected to purgatory

Everyone gets a look of shock

(Y/N) (mind): knew it. So that means we could, no.

Merin: or to be more precise, Sir Hawk, you are a gateway to this world to purgatory.

Hawk: M~ME? CONNECTED TO PURGATORY? WHAT? HOW?

Merlin: I'm not entirely sure, but I do have an idea, the demon king has been coming through your eyes for a long time.

Hawk: seriously?

Merlin: to watch cover the captain

Diane: if that's true, then we can travel to purgatory through Hawk, and take back the captain's emotions from the demon king?

King: great thinking Diane (as he pets her head)

Diane: yay pet me, praise me

Merlin: unfortunately, that is impossible

Diane: wh... why?

Merlin: the captain is an expectation due to being cursed. But apart from him, I only know of one over person that has gone into purgatory and come back alive.

King: just one person

Diane: But there has been one, right?

Merlin: my father was the elder sage and chief of the capital. During his research, he had discovered a way through a doorway to purgatory. And he was able to step inside and return in for one minute. And that mere minute reduced him to an invalid.

The sins looked at Merin in shock as (Y/N) hummed.

Escanor: in just a minute?

Merlin: Purgatory is an infinite, chaotic, hellish spacetime where mutilated souls and predatory monsters seek prey, the air is scorching hot and freezing cold at the same time and the earth is toxic, together destroying the flesh and bone of the living. Time is warped in Purgatory; a minute in the real world corresponds to a year in Purgatory. It is basically a universe separated from the mortal plane. In a hell like that, where we've no idea where the captain's emotions could be, how do you expect to find them? And lest you forgot that the one that holds his emotions captive is the demon king himself. What we're up against here is just too evil. Too terrible. Give it up.

Diane: but. But.

Escanor: it can't be. Even if you say "give up"

King: then what should we do?

(Y/N): ....

Ban: I'll go

Sins minus Merlin and (Y/N): BAN?

Ban: after all, I am immortal

Merlin: HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING TO A WORD I'VE SAID?! YOU MAY BE IMMORTAL, BUT YOUR SOUL IS STILL THE SAME AS ANY OTHER HUMAN. EVEN IF YOU DID GO, YOU HAVE NO GUARANTEE THAT YOU'LL EVEN FIND THE CAPTAIN'S EMOTIONS, OR EVEN IF YOU DO, THAT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO RECLAIM THEM! AND EVEN IF YOU DO, YOU'VE NO WAY TO BE SURE YOU CAN EVEN MAKE IT BACK HERE! AT THE BEST YOU'D WIND UP JOINING IN THE MARCH OF THE DEAD PASSING ON

Ban: perhaps so

King: IT'S JUST AS MERLIN SAYS. AND IF THE WORST SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOU, THEN WHAT WOULD BECOME OF ELAINE?!

Diane: Ban. Let's all think of a better way together okay

(Y/N): I'll go too then.

The sins all looked at him shocked

Merlin: ARE YOU A FOOL

(Y/N): not sure yet, but right now, Elizabeth doesn't have much time on her curse, and with the way things are going, if both me and Ban are in purgatory then we have a much better time in finding the cap.

King and Diane: (Y/N)

Ban: thanks (Y/N)

(Y/N): no problem

Merlin: (sigh) you both are fools, there really is no guarantee for this. But (Y/N) is right, sis sis's cures will activate in a few days, we don't have much time and I have no other options available to us.

Melin begins to chant as a bunch of mist flows around Ban and (Y/N)

Hawk: hey Ban, (Y/N)

Ban and (Y/N): what's up?

Hawk: make sure you come back, alright? I won't be able to eat both of your scarps anymore.

Ban: don't worry

(Y/N): we will be back before you know it.

Just then both ban and (Y/N) vanish from sight as the two then find themselves falling

Ban: wh. What's going on?

(Y/N): seems like we are in the air

Ban: be serious

(Y/N): Ban? How are you moving away from me?

Ban: hold on, we are falling

(Y/N): in that case

(Y/N) quickly gets hold of ban as (Y/N) then starts to fly

Ban: so, this is purgatory?

(Y/N): yeah

Ban and (Y/N): wait for us cap'n/cap.