Chapter 21

Journey Through Purgatory

A few years have passed, or decades, or centuries since both Ban and (Y/N) entered Purgatory. (Y/N) could be seen running as fast as he could as a demon fox chases him trying to kill him. The fox goes to sing at him as (Y/N) jumps onto his arm then running up it to punch him in the face. The fox falls to the ground as (Y/N) uses this to get some distance between them.

(Y/N): COME ON SNAP OUT OF IT

The fox rises from the ground charging at (Y/N) grabbing hold of him holding him over a pool of lava, (Y/N) struggles to breath and get out of the foxes grasp as the fox starts to breath heavier, the fox then drops (Y/N) as the fox grasp his head in pain. (Y/N) breaths in causing him to be in some pain. The fox screams before his shape changes before he then becomes Ban with a long beard and hair.

Ban: what the. What have I been doing?

(Y/N) (still struggling to breath): you became a beast of purgatory

Ban: whoa, that was no joke. A little longer and I would have become a full-fledged resident of purgatory, how long has passed?

(Y/N): a few centuries. I think.

Ban: DAMNIT, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU CAP'N!!

The two continue their way as the heat burns them and the frost freezes them at the same time

Ban: you know Merin was not kicking about purgatory, this place is intense.

(Y/N): no kidding, honestly, I think the only reason me and you are still alive is because of your immortality and my biology.

(Y/N) then falls over as Ban catches him

Ban: I got you

(Y/N): thanks. We better keep moving we need to find the cap

(Y/N) moves on as Ban follows behind

Ban: how come you haven't turned into a monster yet (Y/N)? I mean haven't you felt despair as, you know, you are the sins of despair.

(Y/N): I think it might have to be that I am in constant despair

Ban: huh

(Y/N): I honestly think that ever since the incident I have always been in despair, making my mindset the best for someone in purgatory, though I think that it is the same for you too.

Ban: and what does that mean?

(Y/N): didn't you tell me once that you grew up in a terrible place?

Ban: mmm. Oh yea, it was when we went passed it when the two of us were sent to deal with a tribe of rouge giants. Hold on, in that mission you left me to deal with the giants by myself didn't you.

(Y/N): Nooo. I just was dealing with some... wildlife.

Ban: wildlife my ass.

(Y/N) but I was, seriously

Ban: I am not buying it.

(Y/N): of course you don't, you steal it

The two start to laugh

Ban: man, I miss those easy days

(Y/N): me too

A giant worm then comes out of nowhere before it eats them both, it then rises as the two then beat up the worm from the inside as it drops to the floor killing it.

The two appear covered in the green looking blood of the creature

(Y/N): come on, we need to find the cap and get out of this hell hole