🌸

—1.1
"SO YOU are scared of death?" Yonghee rose an eyebrow, his hand which held a spoonful of cereal frozen.

Seunghun sighed. He couldn't feel the flowers– his brother was right.

"Isn't everyone?" The boy reasoned.

Yonghee rolled his eyes, mid-chew. "Ya, but I'm not this scared of it."

"Yeah, and you don't have my disease."

Yonghee finally fell silent at that, the only sound present in the dining room being chewing.

Seunghun looked down at his own empty bowl. He excused himself from the table, unable to deal with the silence any longer.

Silence was safer for Seunghun in most cases.

Safe.

A word that Seunghun commonly heard but never felt. Being in high school and all was one thing to do with it, the other being his disease.

Hanauso disease was extremely rare, and not very fun to deal with.

People– people Seunghun loves– don't like telling the truth.

Even Seunghun lies, sometimes to himself. Why do the flowers not grow then?

Because he doesn't love himself.

{❀}

Yonghee practically dragged his older brother into the school. "I know you don't want to be here right now, but you've got to be."

Seunghun pressed his lips together. He really didn't want to go to school, especially today, but he had no choice.

Yonghee quickly split off to the freshman building, leaving Seunghun standing lost in the middle of the courtyard. He could turn around and walk back home, claim that he's sick... at this point in time that didn't seem like such a bad idea.

He wandered as he thought, nearly walking into a group of students. A sigh escaped his lips as he walked past the countless whispers about how weird he was.

When Seunghun reached his locker, the same old flower was taped to it. He harshly pulled it off, crumpling it and dropping it right in the hallway. It would be a pain if a teacher found out he was "littering on school property," but he didn't care anymore.

As he collected his things, he heard harsh words from all around him.

Weirdo

Freak

Flower boy

Flower power

Seunghun clutched his books closer to his chest. What would even happen if the students at the school knew he was gay?

"Well if it isn't our favourite flower power."

The flower power nickname was one that Seunghun carried from elementary, and only one person dared to use it.

But Seunghun did not want to deal with that person right now.

"Fuck off, Hangyeol."

"Oh, that's no way to speak with your best friend, is it? You aren't even looking at me."

Seunghun and Oh Hangyeol used to be best friends, until one summer. The summer before grade four, to be exact. Hangyeol had gone on some exotic trip and came back a new person.

That's when flower power was born.

It was almost funny; Seunghun could die at any moment, but people still teased him for it. It's not like it was a viewable disability— that is, if you didn't say a huge lie to him. He'd been in the state twice, and it was extremely rare.

And painful.

Before Hangyeol could continue bothering Seunghun, the boy sped down the hall, eyes down at his shoes.

He didn't even see a student crossing the hall.

Seunghun dropped his books, yelling out a quick, "sorry!"

The boy he'd crashed into was thankfully not carrying anything, but rolling around a... suitcase?

Before Seunghun could move, the boy was standing in front of him, arm out to help him up.

"Sorry about that. My name is LEE BYOUNGGON."

f l o w e r  l o g
🌸 🖋
c h e r r y  b l o s s o m
— This flower is highly common. Seunghun typically gets these when a small, white lie is told to him.