🌷 + 🌸

—1.6
BYOUNGGON REALLY didn't want to admit it.

He'd heard of Seunghun before their meeting. Of course he did. He even knew about his disease. One might not expect it, but he knew the specifics. What each flower meant.

That's why he really didn't want to admit he was falling for him. He knew the powers of his disease. Seunghun could die in moments if the wrong thing was said to him.

Best case scenario is that Seunghun has no feelings for him whatsoever and they stay friends, which meant that nothing would go too badly.

Worst scenario, he spews a lie on accident and has to watch the boy he likes crumple to the floor helplessly.

Don't get things wrong here— Byounggon wasn't quite a fan of hiding the truth. But sometimes it was necessary. Sometimes it was unavoidable. Sometimes it was forced.

Also, he'd thought he was straight, but Seunghun clearly wasn't.

The only issue he had with listing these cases was that the best one was impossible. He could tell— at least, he hoped he could— that Seunghun liked him in a more-than-a-friend way.

It was a mutual feeling.

So why did Byounggon feel like such a mess thinking about it?

"Byounggon, right?"

A bit surprised at the call for his name (which was quite uncommon so he doubted it was an exclaimation for someone else), the aforementioned looked up, seeing an unfamiliar face. The boy was shorter than him, and Byounggon figured he was a freshman.

"Kim Yonghee." The person stuck his hand out. "Seunghun's little brother."

"Right." Byounggon shook Yonghee's hand. "Lee Byounggon, but you probably already knew that."

The younger plopped down on the bench next to him. "I did. And Seunghun's going to kill me if me finds out about this, so promise me that you won't say anything to him."

"...Okay...?"

"Do you like my brother?"

Byounggon nearly choked on the air around him, not expecting that question. Yonghee stayed completely calm, staring at him as he waited for an answer.

"Specify."

"Like... how do I put this... do you want to kiss him?"

"I... I mean— god, this isn't exactly the thing you tell the brother of the person, but... yeah. Sometimes. Actually, most of the time."

"Great. I have to ask you a few more things."

Byounggon buried his head into his hands, feeling how red his face was. "Nothing can be any more embarrassing than this, so shoot."

Yonghee smiled. His prediction was right. If all went well, he would probably become his brother's new favourite person. "What would you do if I told you the feeling's mutual?"

Byounggon nearly choked a second time. "...What?"

"You tell me."

"Um... I'd probably do it at one point or another."

"What about now?"

"Now?"

"Do you want to know where he is?"

"Depends."

"He's at home right now."

"Oh." Byounggon slumped, but only until Yonghee asked his last question.

"Do you want me to take you to him?"

***

ooh foreshadowingggg