16

The campus ramen shop was mostly empty except for some hungover students who needed something warm to get sober. Wooyoung texted Yeosan that he already arrived but he was still 5 minutes away so he looked for a seat in the corner near the window. He rehearsed what he was going to say, kind of pouring everything but not quite so at the same time. He didn't want Yeosan to get hurt especially when he is his soulmate and the person that Yeosang values very much.

Yeosan arrived shortly with a bright smile like always and sat across him. Wooyoung didn't know how he should start talking about it but he needed to say it right here and right now.

"So Yeo-"

"Have you ordered yet? I didn't get to have any breakfast, I woke up late today. Let me order, what do you want?" Yeosan looked at him, eyes sparkling that made Wooyoung feel guilty about what he was going to say.

"Oh I'll just have an egg sandwich, thank you"

Yeosan nodded, got up and headed to the counter. Wooyoung leaned back and looked at his phone to see if there was any message from Yeosang, maybe just something about their project or anything but there was none.

Yeosan came back bringing a tray with their orders and placed them on the table.

"Egg sandwich for you and kimchi ramen for me. Oh right what did you want to talk about? I have something to tell you too"

"You can go ahead first" Wooyoung said, taking the plate with his egg sandwich.

"I'm okay, go ahead Woo. I'll have to eat my ramen too" Yeosan chuckled and took his chopsticks.

"Okay so I don't know how to exactly tell you this and I know you're gonna hate me for this but I don't think we should be together and it's not because I'm not ready now and I actually don't think I'll ever be, at least not anytime soon because I already have feelings for someone else. I know we're soulmates and you must have had a lot of things you may have imagined when you thought of your soulmate and trust me, I did too but now that I like someone else I still want to do those but maybe not with my soulmate, and the one I want to do it with also already has a soulmate and of course it's not me," Wooyoung laughed sarcastically and let his tears fall down on his face, "but that's not important. I'm really sorry and I hope you can forgive me Yeosan and even if you can't it's fine because I deserve it-"

"Hey hey no no" Yeosan cut Wooyoung off and comforted him.

"I'm sorry I know you hate me-"

"I don't hate you Woo, and stop crying" Yeosan reached out to him and wiped his tears away.

"I knew you never liked me like that but you don't have to feel so bad because I've found my soulmate and I'm really happy to have found them and I feel the connection with them which I couldn't figure out why I didn't feel with you, but I do now Wooyoung. It's because we're not soulmates. I'm not your soulmate, I never was," Yeosan smiled at him brightly as he always does.

"Wait you found your soulmate so you're not my soulmate?" Wooyoung sniffled and looked at Yeosan with his eyes wide.

"Yup, I met my soulmate when we bumped by the school entrance. He was actually looking for me but didn't know what I looked like and then- oh there he is!!!"

Yeosan waved at the guy who just arrived with the brightest smile that Wooyoung had ever since. He glowed like never before and it was clear that he was in love with his finally true soulmate.

"Hey sorry I'm late, I texted you but you didn't reply idiot," the guy teased and softly smiled at Yeosan then turned to Wooyoung, "Hi, I'm Choi Yeonjun, Yeosan's soulmate"

"I've already told him about the whole soulmate misunderstanding we had and he was very invested in the story, he's a weirdo" Yeosan said to Wooyoung and smiled at Yeonjun who sat beside him.

"It's actually interesting especially with having a twin part" Yeonjun laughed as Yeosan poked his side.

"Oh right does Yeosang know? That I'm not your soulmate?" Wooyoung asked, looking at both Yeonjun and Yeosan.

"Not yet. I've tried to tell him but he's been so dismissive of me these past few days"

"Oh okay, he hasn't been talking to me either" Wooyoung felt a bit down about it but he didn't dwell too much.

"He'll be okay. Anyway!! We should look for your soulmate??" Yeosan said excitedly and waited patiently for Wooyoung's response.

"I think I know who's my soulmate"