16: undead

"Jimin..."

"Jimin"

"Jimin!"

"JIMIN!!"

The boy took a loud gasp and jolted right up panting with wide shocked eyes. "Wha...what happen-" Jimin shut his lips in a panic, he didn't realise he was speaking until the first words escaped his lips. Why was he speaking. he shouldn't be talking! Jimin was already preparing himself for the pain, but the pain never came. Instead the doctor sat next to him looking a little concerned.

"how do you feel?"

Jimin just nodded, pressing his lips together.

"You can speak, you won't feel pain anymore," Jungkook said, assuring the other of this. "i promise it won't harm you anymore"

"r-really?" Jimin's voice sounded unstable but that was to be expected after not using your voice daily like any other person that speaks.

"Mhm, so how do you feel?"

"i feel...fine...normal"

"That's good" Jungkook nodded and handed Jimin a glass of water, well it looked like water. "Here, drink this. your body will need this to get back to strengths."

"what happened?"

"You have shifted to your true self. You're not the human you thought you were. you're an undead demon, like Yoongi. He was the first i had to deal with so i know how these things go, i heal a lot of demons and help them through their change, just like you. only you were really late. your change came too late wich was breaking down your human form.'' Jungkook explained. "It was literally eating you from the inside, but now once you got the right food your body was healing itself. The only thing left was eat a fresh heart, this allowed your body to fully heal and awaken the powers inside of you.'' Jungkook grabbed the mirror next to him on the table and handed it to Jimin who was sitting on the couch. "Here, see, your eyes have changed. it may take a while for them to get their normal color back. You can hide your identity that way, it doesn't always look like this"

Jimin looked in the mirror at his own eyes, they were bright red and his pupils had changed to slide. Jimin thought he looked creepy but it was interesting. He blinked a few times to make sure it was real, it was real. very very real. His sight was a little different too. His senses seemed to be so high, he could feel the body heat of Jungkook next to him like they were just inches apart. his nose was taking in every smell in the room and his eyes being as sharp in the distance as close by. He could tell he was different.

"you treated yoongi?...but you're a doctor?"

"Yes I am. I work with the undead a lot, I provide them fresh corpses in secret. i may poison a patient here and there for an extra compensation" jungkook chuckled, his eyes darkening. "but it's not about me now" he smiled and got back to the original conversation. "the only thing now for you is to eat well and keep feeding your body its food, if you don't your body will eat itself again and you will slowly grow sick again-"

"yoongi"

"what?"

"yoongi..." Jimin looked at Jungkook with teary eyes. "Where is yoongi!???"

"i-"

"i ate him....i ate his heart!!... no! h-he can't be dead!"

"jimin, don't stress yourself. you need rest first. please calm down" jungkook grabbed jimin's wrists looking at the now crying boy.

"Y-yoongi, i want yoongi" jimin really felt too weird speaking words again, but it felt so nice to do, his throat felt nice and smooth no dry painful throat, it felt so healthy and refreshing to just speak the words he wants to say instead of trying to explain through actions and expressions.

"Come with me...." Jungkook sighed standing up from his chair that he had pulled next to the couch earlier when he came to help Jimin who had lost consciousness on the floor. but now he woke up he had to explain things knowing yoongi won't be able to do so. He is gonna take yoongi's position for now. Hoping to get jimin back on strength soon.

Jimin moved himself off the couch which was for some reason really hard to do, everything felt so heavy. He could barely stand on his legs when he got up, he had to accept jungkook's offer for support before he could walk out of the room.

"slowly, your body is working hard to fix everything inside of you. It will all come back over time, I think somewhere within three days. knowing you were really far gone it needs more time than usual. But don't worry, it will be fine" jungkook said while they walked up the stairs going to Yoongi's guestroom. Even though Yoongi had requested to not let Jimin in there the doctor couldn't see Jimin so sad, Jungkook may be a dark and a bit mental person that doesn't mean he likes to see tears. Tears meant mostly sadness, and Jungkook doesn't want to see sadness in someone he cares for. He really wanted Jimin to get better so he was glad it all worked out in the end.

He opened the door of the guest room and before he knew it jimin was out of his grip falling onto his knees next to the bed where yoongi was lying, his eyes closed and his chest not moving.

"Y-yoongi?" Jimin said softly as he pushed the other to shake him awake, but he didn't get a single response in return which broke his non beating heart.

"Ji-"

"No. yoongi, please be joking..." Jimin dried his eyes not wanting his tears to blur his view of the one he loves. "don't do this!" Jimin didn't like this, he would rather be sick and in pain than lose yoongi. Yes he wanted to get better but not like this. jimin had hoped yoongi was still alive...but why wasn't he waking up... "It's not funny!"

"jimin..." Jungkook grabbed Jimin's arm but the boy just shook his hand off.

"no"

"Jimin, listen....he might not be gone.."

"why isn't he waking up.."

"Listen to me" jungkook kneeled down next to jimin. "he sacrificed his human heart for you. Yoongi took a risk for you which may end up with him not waking up again. but he took the risk anyay. there is a small change he will wake up." jungkook said looking at the man. "Yoongi is an undead as well, he feeds of humans just like you. But he hasn't used or shown his powers in ages. He had been living as a human like he wanted. He wanted to fade away and feel normal. but now he got you he was willing to let go of all that illusion of being normal. He knew he wasn't normal but he could pretend to be. If his body is strong enough he will wake up soon once his body has healed from the heart removal. He doesn't need a heart to live, he will embrace his full undead self. You still have your human self, you could easily blend it and live a fake normal life. unlike him now."

"When...when will he wake?"

"Hmm, I don't know. He didn't want you to even see him."

"why?"

"He didn't want you to see him like this. the rest he may tell you himself when he ever decides to wake up. if not i will be here to answer all your questions.'' Jungkook stood up and sighed. "I will leave you alone now..."

Jimin nodded and looked at yoongi's body. resting his head against yoongi's hand which he was holding. It felt too cold. All he could do now was wait and wish for the other to come back. Jimin didn't want it all to end like this. He got so much happiness from Yoongi, he can't just leave him like this. 

---

the end is so so close. probably at 20 if i get to it lol. i might. i want to add some more specific things and then at 20 the epilogue. hmmm yes that sounds good. Thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼