Wrong Turn Turns Out Right (Ch. 2)

I do not own any shape or form of InuYasha.

"What were you doing out so late, young lady?!" I roll my eyes at my dad. I woke up this morning to a smack across the face. That got me out of bed. Apparently, I woke him up last night. 

"Well, if you must know. I was at Koga's house with Sango. Miroku was there but he's not a very good witness. He was way too drunk to remember anything, I bet." I reply smiling. This got me another smack. This time I hit him back and get thrown against the wall for it. I blink back the tears that were threatening to spill.

"Don't you dare, lay a finger on me. Understand?" I nod weakly. "Good. Now get your lazy butt to school." That said, he left my room. My mother walks in.

"Honey, I'm so sorry. He said he'd stop." I shake it off and walk to my closet.

"Eh, whatever. I'm used to it now... but did you hear me hit him? God! That was the best thing I've ever done!" I throw on a pair of blue skinny jeans, my maroon tank top, and black converse before running to the bathroom with my mom on my heels.

"Yes, I did! That was amazing! His face actually bruised before he left your doorframe!"

"Are you serious?" I exclaim as I try to use foundation and cover up on my oh-too-noticeable handprints, quickly giving up; this will have to do. I start on my eyes, seeing as that's my favorite part about my face. I try a shimmery taupe with dark grey cat eye blend with black eyeliner and mascara. Cute and simple. Perfect for on the go occasions! 

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" We bust out laughing. My mom is like my best friend over the age of 20. We joke, we play, but sometimes, we get serious. 

"Alright. Gotta go!" I kiss her on the cheek and run downstairs. My backpack is waiting for me by the door, right where I left it last night. I pick it up and sprint out of the house. "Bye!" I yell. I turn on my phone at a red light and noticed I have a few new texts from Sango and Miroku.

Sango: Hey grl! Where r u?

Me: Got cot up @ home. tell u bout it l8r.

Sango: Ok. Nythng I can do 2 help?

Me: Nah, it's cool.

Miroku: Th@ wuz 1 killr prty!

Me: i kno rite?c u @ skool

That's when the light turned green. I'm funny about driving and texting. I just can't text as fast. It's very aggravating. No matter, I'll just have to give them the details later. What the-? I could've sworn I saw... no. It couldn't be. I've got to get to class.