Wrong Turn Turns Out Right (Ch. 18)

A/N: Okay, I know I usually put this at the end of the story, but, I just HAD to say thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to everyone who has read this story, commented, and/or voted for it! I get this huge smile on my face everytime I see someone else read it or commented or anything like that so just thank you so much, this means a lot to me :) When I first put this on, I didn't think anyone was going to read it, but I'm well past 3,000 views! So, thank you all (again) and this chapter is for all of you :) Enjoy!

Kagome's POV

     Pain... it's the only thing that registers at the moment. Immense, inescapable, horrible pain. I try to look around but find I can't open my eyes, let alone move. Everything's pitch black. I try to remember what on earth happened. I recall little things... a battle... Sesshomaru bringing me back to life... my arrow killing Naraku... a kiss...

     InuYasha! He loves me! Or was that a dream? God, I wish I could open my eyes. I try, once more, feeling a little movement... then warmth on one of my hands. A voice, telling me something, but I can't make out any words. When I listen very closely, I can just make out a few.

     "Kagome... wake up... can hear me..." Another voice mumbles something but I just take it one at a time and right now, the first guy is getting clearer with every word he says. "... swear she moved!... No, you listen, I know she's not dead so don't... I'm not going anywhere!... I'd like to see you try!..." The voice is definitely familiar... rough but so full of emotion, I know I've heard it before. I focus on the hand the warmth is coming from and try to move it. I think my finger moves a little, but it's enough to give me hope and determination. I try again, feeling it move much more. The warmth gets tighter, but not painfully so. "I told you!" The voice comes again. "Kagome, please, wake up... come on I need you! Please..." I try my eyes once more, gaining some success. I can see long, white hair and red fabric. Why is that so familiar... blinking a little, I manage to see tan skin and... amber eyes.

     "Inu... Yasha?" The person next to me stops breathing for a moment.

     "I'm right here, Kagome. Come on, you can do it... guys! She's waking up!" I hear them outside questioning his sanity, debating whether or not to come in. I open my eyes all the way and find myself staring at the hanyou.

     "InuYasha... where am I?" My throat hurts to talk and he seems to sense that. He shushes me, rubbing my hair. 

     "We're at Kaede's, a friend of ours..." I nod, slightly, grimacing as the pain hits. He bites his lip, thinking about something before wrapping his arms around my waist. "I thought I'd lost you..." I try moving my arms and manage to get them around his neck. 

     "I'm not going anywhere." I hear footsteps running towards the hut and InuYasha releases his hold on my waist but refuses to let go of my hand. 

     "Kagome!" Everyone yells as they walk in, except Sesshomaru who simply gives the smallest of smiles; I can still see the relief in his eyes. 

     "You're alive!" Sango yells. Rolling my eyes, I smirk. 

     "Well, duh, you're not getting rid of me that easily." Miroku looks at InuYasha.

     "We're sorry we doubted you." He shrugs. Everyone continues to ask if I need anything all day but I sleep for most of it and every time I woke up, InuYasha was still sitting there. Everyone else went to sleep but for some reason, that's when I woke up feeling suddenly wired... and notice InuYasha missing. Probably got tired and went to the roof. I sit there, staring at the ceiling when someone clears their throat. I look over, much more mobile than before, and see Sesshomaru standing in the doorway. I smile.

     "Haven't seen you all day." He sits next to me and shocks me when he takes my hand. My brows furrow a little before going back to normal. He's just a concerned friend.

     "I was concerned for your health and didn't want to make it worse." Rolling my eyes, I smirk.

     "Well, thank you kindly for the consideration, but that doesn't mean you can ditch me completely." He chuckles a little, smirking, rubbing circles on my hand with his thumb, careful not to scratch me with his poison claws. 

     "I wasn't sure the half-breed would let me in." At my face of confusion, he elaborates. "He would growl at anyone who got too close, I wasn't even allowed at the door." How could he do that? As if reading my thoughts, he says, "I believe it was because he has sensed my feelings for you." My head whips towards him faster than a tornado, making me extremely dizzy. The whole room spins for a few moments before ceasing. 

     "Okay, now you've lost me." He chuckles again, leaning down next to my ear.

     "I have been taken with you for quiet some time, Miss Higurashi." My eyes go wide as saucers and words completely escape my mind. "Pardon my boldness, but I just want to try something." I'm unable to move as he leans closer and closer until our lips meet. At first it's slow, hesitant, but gets more passionate with every second. I find myself responding without even thinking about it. Before things get too steamy, he backs away, less than an inch and whispers, "Let me take care of you..." My head is spinning, too much has happened in the past 48 hours I guess. 

     "I... I need some time... to think I mean..." He nods, showing his understanding. Kissing my forehead, he stands up. 

     "Take all the time you need. I'll be here either way. Sweet dreams." That said, he walks out. Like there's any chance I'm going to get any sleep now. How long has he liked me? What's InuYasha going to say about that kiss? And why did I like it so much...