Wrong Turn Turns Out Right (Ch. 12)

"What the heck happened!" I take one last look at my angel before leaving her room and going downstairs. "Did she have a party or something?" I hear Mrs. Higurashi talking to herself. I clear my throat at the foot of the stairs. She gasps, looks at me, and sighs in relief.

     "Hello, Mrs. Higurashi." She smiles at me.

     "Ah, InuYasha, thank God. Can you tell me what happened? And where is my husband?" She asks looking around. I look down at the ground and put my hands in my jean pockets.

     "I can sort of answer both of those with one answer." I look up. "There was an... incident. Your husband attacked your daughter. He was going to kill her. She called me for help and I had no choice." Mrs. Higurashi was just nodding looking at me thankfully. "If you don't believe me, there's still a mess in Kagome's room and I had to stitch her up. It's kind of messy but it'll hold." She walks up to me slowly and I flinch, waiting for the hit and the yelling, but instead, she hugs me. I slowly wrap my arms around her and she starts crying.

     "Thank you. Thank you so much." I nod my head. "Can I see her?" I lead her up the stairs to Kagome's room.

     "She's asleep and she's lost a lot of blood." Kagome's mom nods and slowly opens the door. She gasps at the sight of the floor. "I tried to bleach it out as best I could." She nods and walks slowly to her daughter. I lift the blanket revealing Kagome's stitches and long cut. Mrs. Higurashi has to look away. When I saw what he was doing to her, I knew there was no way possible I could've held back. I shake my head and Kagome stirs. "I don't know if she's gonna make it." Mrs. Higurashi gasps.

     "Please, is there anything you can do?" I start to shake my head.

     "Nothing she wouldn't hate me for later. You probably would too." She smiles at me.

     "I could never hate you and neither could she. Let's talk downstairs." I nod and shut the door on our way out. We sit on the couch and she faces me. "Now, what could you do?" I sigh.

     "It would end up making her like me. Not a full half demon, but she would have all the extra senses and abilities I do. Faster and stronger then humans, better sight, hearing, smell, taste, everything. The only thing that would change about her looks, would be her eyes. As opposed to being straight brown, they'd be more of a topaz color." Kagome's mom was nodding.

     "I don't see a downside."

     "That's the thing. You can't see it. She'll live longer. As long as a normal demon. She'll also be shunned because of the demon blood that would run through her veins. They'd be able to smell it. Some demons dislike half breeds. Imagine what would happen if they found her, a miko, with demonic blood."

     "Well, I think you should ask her what she wants to do. She'll heal faster and definitely  live... right?" I nod my head.

     "Yes."

     "Go to her. I don't care what she is as long as she's okay." I smile, nod, and walk up the stairs to Kagome's room. I walk in and Kagome's sitting up in bed.

     "Lay down. You are in absolutely no condition to be sitting up." She smiles and I see the blood soaking through the bandages. I frown and push her down gently. "I need to change these." I mumble to myself. I work in silence. There's no way she'll survive this as a human. Not with this much blood. I sigh. I can't stand to lose her. I've got to try. "Kagome..." She looks at me in puzzlement.

     "What is it, InuYasha?" I sigh again. How can I ask her to do this?

     "Look, there's no way you'll survive this on your own. There's literally only one way... and I don't think you'll like it." She shrugs, wincing at the pain. "PS... stop moving." She nods.

     "Well, what is it?" I take a deep breath.

     "I'd have to give you demon blood. My... demon blood. You'd get all the perks of being a demon, looks aside, but you'd be in more danger." She nods thinking it over.

     "Okay. Let's do this."