Wrong Turn Turns Out Right (Ch. 7)

I OWN NOTHING! If I did, I'd be famous and last I checked, my name hasn't been on anything except homework.

Kagome's POV

So... another trip to the principal's office. Eh, at least I got in a good hit.

     "Kagome, do you know why you're here?" Principal Akio asks. Typical. Sounds like I just got pulled over.

     "It wouldn't be because of what happened in the hallway, is it?" I ask innocently batting my eyelashes for good measure. I sense my friends listening outside the door, like they usually do with... ugh. InuYasha.

     "Kagome. This is serious. You punched a new student. Now, I know your, er, history together, as well as what happened four years ago. But, that does not give you the reason to hit him." I slouch in my seat.

     "I know. But, did you see it? It was perfect! I'm sort of sorry, I guess, but even you have to admit it was executed beautifully." I look at him expectantly. He let's out an exasperated sigh.

     "Yes, it was. For that, I give you props. How's this, I send you off with a warning, call your parents, and we'll be done with it." The second he says parents, my eyes go wide in fear and I hear my friends gasp through the door.

     "But, but, n-no. Please! Please, you can't do that! My father will kill me!"

     "Please, Miss Higurashi, I'm sure you're exaggerating." I shake my head. "You may go now." I get up to leave and I'm almost to the door when I hear, "And Kagome?" I turn around. "I thought the jerk deserved it." I smile at him and nod. He smiles back and goes back to his paperwork. With that, I open the door.

     "Kagome, what are you going to do?" Sango asks.

     "Yeah, Kagome! You can't go home!" Shippo pipes in. I put on my best tough guy smirk, fully aware that InuYasha's there, and act more confident than I really am.

     "Eh, I can handle myself. Now, I for one am starving. InuYasha? Are you joining us?" He looks at me and smiles, nodding over enthusiastically. I let the others walk ahead of us. "You can wipe that grin off your face. This doesn't mean I forgive you. I'm only doing this because I know it'll make them," gesturing to my friends "happy."

     "I figured as much. But, Kagome? Can we talk later? Please? I want to explain myself." I nod, hesitantly, but reply in a monotone voice,

     "There's not much to explain, but, do as you wish. Come on. I don't want to miss the brownies."