Wrong Turn Turns Out Right (Ch. 9)

I do not own InuYasha.

Kagome's POV

     "Hey! InuYasha!" I yell across the hallway. He got his locker moved to the one to the left of mine (which works for me, seeing as I had a huge unimpressive jock trying to hit on me 24/7) and was working his way through the crowd to get to me.

     "Yeah, Kagome? What's up?" He asks puzzled. I stare at him sweetly.

     "Do you love me?"He sighs and rolls his eyes.

     "What do you want?" I sigh, shoulders slumped, and pout at him. This just makes him smile and take my laptop and notebook from my arms.

     "My car broke down on the way here, so I don't have a ride home." He laughs.

     "I'll give you a ride. Hey, you mind if I stay the night? My 'rents are out of town and I don't think I can deal with being in the same house as Sesshomaru for twelve hours, asleep or not." I laugh nodding my head.

     "Of course you can, InuYasha. Thanks for carrying my stuff." He shrugs like it's nothing, which, for him, it probabaly is. "Oh! But, I just remembered. I just happened to have two tickets for a Linkin Park concert, tonight." InuYasha looks at me in shock.

     "What?! Are you kidding me?! Who are you taking?" I smirk, cross my arms ober my chest, and look at him.

     "Who do you think?" InuYasha looks puzzled for a moment then growls.

     "Koga." He growls. I laugh and grab his arm.

     "No! You big dork, I wanted to take you!" I see him look at me from the corner of my eye and see him smile.

     "Thanks, Kagome."

     We get to class and he sets my stuff down on my desk before setting his stuff on his own.

     "Ladies first." I laugh and sit down as he pushes in my chair.

     "When did you turn into a gentleman?" He shrugs and gives me this clueless look that just make me laugh. "So, what're you writing about?"

     "My life. I mean, I'm pretty old so I've got a lot to talk about and nobody's gonna believe it. Not even here." I nod my head agreeing. I've lived 13 years of it and even I don't believe it sometimes. "What about you?"

     "You'll have to wait until it's done." We say at the same time laughing. He knows me way too well!

3 Hours Later

     "Kagome! Come on! It's almost six! We gotta go." InuYasha yells from downstairs.

    "InuYasha? You're not allowed to laugh!" I yell from my bedroom looking in the mirror. I look ridiculous. I look my reflection up and down in my full length mirror, eyeing my black t-shirt and vest, white ripped skinny jeans, black high heel ankle boots, and fedora critically. My makeup is simple. Neutral everything, except my eyes with silvery grey lids, getting darker as it gets closer to the outer corner of my eye, black eye liner, and volumizing mascara.

     "Why? What's up?" InuYasha yells.

     "I look horrible!" He laughs.

     "Well, come down here and let me be the judge of that." I sigh rolling my eyes and walk out my door. I stand at the top of the stairs and clear my throat, making InuYasha look up at me. The look in his eyes tells me I look anything but horrible.