Wrong Turn Turns Out RIght (Ch. 5)

Kagome's POV

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!! I nearly jump out of my seat when the bell goes off telling me class is over. I look at my computer. Holy God! I wrote 128 pages in an hour and a half! Wow. Um, okay.

     "Hey, Kagome! How did you woah! Looks like someone got stuff done." I look up and see Sango looking over my shoulder at my work. "When am I gonna be able to read it?" I roll my eyes, shut my laptop, and look at her completely exasperated.

     "When it's finished! Now, is it lunch yet? I'm starving!" Sango laughs.

     "Yeah, Kags. It's lunch. God, how you can eat so much and stay smaller than a twig is beyond me!" We finish packing up our stuff and exit the room, still laughing. Until we hear someone.

     "Kagome! Hey, Kagome, wait up!" Sango touches my arm.

     "I'm sorry, I told him to wait a few days. I'll get rid of him." I nod tightly and wait for her to return. I'll wait for her like I always do. I can only hear parts of their conversation from where I'm standing.

     "What the heck are you doing! I told you to wait!"

     "I have to talk to her!... you know that."

     "InuYasha... What did you think..."

     "I don't... why she's so mad." I hear Sango smack him across his broad chest and smile to myself.

     "What do you mean you don't know why! You... left her... some... girl!" I hear a sigh and footsteps coming towards me.

     "It's okay, Kagome. Let's go." Right at that moment, Kikyo walks/runs towards InuYasha. I, of course, don't notice in time and turn my head to see who it is. When I'm turned around completely, I see Kikyo in InuYasha's arms kissing him. I don't know why, but I let out a strangled gasp. I squeeze my eyes shut as tight as they'll go, clench my teeth, ball my hands into fists so tight, my nails nearly break the skin, and refuse to move my body or head in any direction of leaving. Suddenly, I feel strong arms embrace me, and I open my eyes long enough to see Koga's familiar brown Lucky Brand t-shirt, and shut them again, breathing heavily, nearly hyperventilating.

     "It's alright. Let's get you out of here." I nod my head against his chest. I'll explain to Ayame later. She'll understand. I let him lead me in the direction of the lunch room. We're almost there when we hear,

    "Hey, wolf! Get your hands off her!" No need to wonder who it is. Koga passes me to Sesshomaru, who's popped up out of nowhere, and the others before going to InuYasha. I turn around and lock my feet in place when they try to move me towards the lunch room. I want to make sure Koga's okay. I look at Sango and she nods her head understanding. I let out a shaky breath as I look at InuYasha for the first time in four years. I don't let my emotions show on my face and I certainly don't cry. I just keep my teeth clenched, take deep breaths like my anger management counselor taught me, while clenching and unclenching my fists. He won't get the best of me. Sesshomaru rubs soothing circles along my lower back, helping me in my breathing.

     "No offense, mutt, but you didn't seem to care too much when you left her." InuYasha growls reminding me of when he used to be there to protect me. I look from Koga to him once more and really take the time to look at him. A white t-shirt and red hoodie, unzipped with the sleeves pulled up, blue jeans, and red converse, long silver-white hair with those adorable doggy ears I love-no, used to love, and finally, beautiful amber eyes that once held such affection and concern for me. We lock eyes for a moment, his showing hope that I am not mad at him and pain, from my heartless glare I am currently giving him, before returning his attention to Koga.

     "I had my reasons for leaving." InuYasha says, venom dripping from his words.

     "Oh really?" All heads turn towards me. It's the first time I've spoken since we got an audience. "We, well, my friends and I, already know your reason for leaving. But, why don't you tell the good people of this school why you left." I chuckle darkly, and I can practically see the chills running up and down InuYasha's and Koga's spine. "I'm sure they would love to know what's going on." InuYasha looks at me with nothing but hurt and regret in his eyes, at what I've become no doubt.

     "He left you so he could be with me. Right where he belongs." Kikyo chimes in. Luckily, Sango, Ayame, and Miroku all grab me before I can do anything... for now.

     "No, Kagome, it's wasn't like that!"

     "I think we've heard enough of-"

     "It's alright Koga." I say in my sweet, soothing voice... only to have it turn to ice seconds later. "Guys? Let me go." Slowly and reluctantly they release me. I walk towards InuYasha slowly, hands loose at my sides. InuYasha looks hopeful for a second before I pull my arm back, clench my fist, and follow through landing a blow right to his cheek. He falls to the floor, looking shocked. I crouch down to be level with him, glaring icily. "Don't you dare talk to me. Not after what you did. Understood?" That said, I stand up and walk to my friends, hearing an applause behind me. I am the only human ever to hit a demon hard enough to actually knock them over. Sango grabs both my and Miroku's hand, and leads us towards the double doors of the cafeteria with Shippo and Ayame whispering behind us.

    "That, was incredible!"

    "I know! I don't think I've ever seen Kagome hurt InuYasha by actually touching him"

    "Hey! Aren't you gonna sit me or something?!" InuYasha yells. I turn around and see his smug little smirk.

     "No," I whisper, knowing he'll hear me, "you're not even worth it." And with that, we push open the doors of the cafeteria... only to be stopped by the principle, dean, and a witnessing student.

    "Miss Higurashi, come with me." I roll my eyes and follow the short, fat man. Unfortunately, in order to get to his office, we have to pass by InuYasha and Kikyo. I raise my head, square my shoulders, and force myself not to look at them. They are nothing.