Wrong Turn Turns Out Right (Ch. 16)

"You did what?" The others yell at me. I just finished telling them what had happened to Kagome. As soon as I came through the well, I called Sango and Miroku who apparently had decided to call Koga. Sesshomaru decided to come as well... that just ticked me off for some reason.

     "Look, I just wanted to surprise her-"

     "By taking her to the place you ran away to with Kikyo? InuYasha, she's not an idiot! Did you think she wouldn't figure it out?" Sango yells.

     "Not to mention Naraku's peculiar obsession with Kikyo. Kagome is very similar to the girl. Did you not think of him and what he could do to her?" Stupid Sesshomaru. I hate it when he's right. I hadn't thought of Naraku. I roll my eyes and sigh in frustration.

     "Look! Guys! I know I screwed up-"

     "Again." I ignore Shippo's comment and continue.

     "But that doesn't matter. Are you gonna help me or not?" After several moments, each and every person in the group nods, including Sesshomaru. I sigh in relief. "We have to hurry. No doubt he'll try to use her to find the Shikon Jewel." The others exchange nervous glances, and something tells me its not for fear of Naraku finding the jewel. "What?" Sango bites her lip.

     "You don't remember... do you?" I give her a 'duh' look and she continues. "You know that necklace Kagome wears all the time?" I nod.

     "The locket right?" She nods, slowly. I start piecing things together... no. I shake my head. "No. I didn't give that to her! You're telling me she has it and now she's with him?" Now I'm yelling at them.

     "None of us told her what was in the locket and you told her never to open it. InuYasha, you said so yourself, she is the safest person to keep it with! Even when all those... issues came up she never once tainted it!" I hit the wall next to me as hard as I can, breaking it in half.

     "D**n! We've gotta hurry. If he figures that out we're all screwed." We run to Kagome's house and jump in the well. "You guys remember where the castle is?" They say yes and we take off, Kirara carrying Sango, Miroku, and Shippo. Koga, Ayame, and I run ahead. Please, I think to myself, please let her be okay. I pass the others, quickly, Sesshomaru right on my tail. 

     I hope you're happy, brother. Great, now he's using Inu on me. 

     Beat it! I don't need you scolding me! I see him shrug out of the corner of my eye. 

     Fine, swim in your own guilt. But if she is hurt, I will kill you. I roll my eyes and remain silent. She better not be hurt. I can't lose her... not again. We get to the castle and I stop, immediately.

     As soon as I set foot in the castle, I see Kagome lying on the floor, in a pool of red. Blood. Her back is to us and I run over. I move the hair out of her face and growl. There are scratches covering her arms and face. Blood drenches her white t-shirt and her jeans have more tears in them than before. Her hair, though still beautiful, is matted in some areas with blood. Her bottom lip is busted open and she has a dark circle around her left eye. I clench my teeth together to keep from screaming. I pick her up in my arms and shake her a little bit.

     "Kagome. Kagome, please... wake up!" She stirs a little and slowly, her eyes open. She blinks a few times in confusion before realization sets in. Her beautiful topaz orbs look up at me, and suddenly... I see it. All the love in the world is held in her wide eyes.

     "Inu... Yasha? What, what are you doing here?" She asks me. I smirk at her, tears in my eyes.

     "We're taking you home." She smiles, weakly, and looks behind me, seeing the others. I help her up and support her a little. She gasps and clutches her stomach. I look at her in worry and she smiles, shrugging. I hear walking around upstairs and notice the fear flash through her eyes as she remembers something. "Don't worry, I won't let him hurt you." She shakes her head.

     "No, you guys have to get out of here! Now! It's a trap!"

     "Now, Kagome, my dear. Why would you want to ruin our little surprise?" She bites her lip and closes her eyes tight, before screaming in agony, dropping to the floor.

     "Kagome!"