Wrong Turn Turns Out Right (Ch. 11)

It's been a week since the concert and since then, I've noticed InuYasha looking at me differently. It's hard to explain but, he just seems... different. I'm not going to bring it up though. I don't want him angry with me. InuYasha drops me off at my house since I can't afford to get my car to the shop and tells me to text him if I need anything. I nod my head and walk up to my house.

     "Crap." The door's locked and I really don't feel like digging through my black hole of a bag. Groaning, I crouch on the ground and empty out the bag's contents. There you are! I grab my keys and shove everything else back in the bag. I lock the door behind me when I go inside. "Hello? Mom?" I dump my bag on the floor and walk into the kitchen seeing a note on the fridge. "That's original."

     Hey Sweetie!

I'm gonna have to work late tonight, but your father should be back soon. He just went out with some friends. Just stay in your room and you should be fine. Love you!

Great. I walk up to my room, throw my heavy bag on the floor, and plop down onto my bed. I reach over to one of the shelves in my bed grabbing a chocolate chunk granola bar. I haven't eaten anything all day! I roll over and grab my homework out of my bag. Might as well get something done. I hate algebra. With a passion. Three hours later, I go down to the kitchen to get real food. I just finished making my sandwich when I hear the door slam shut. My eyes widen, I grab my sandwich, and try to run up to my room.

     "Where do you think you're going?" My dad yells. I turn around panicked for a split second before running to my room. By some miracle on his part, my dad beat me there. I yelp in surprise, and, as I'm turning, he grabs a handful of my hair and throws me against the door. I almost yell again but bite my tongue. I will not give him the satisfaction of letting him know he can hurt me, not this time. "How do you like that, punk?"

     "Screw you!" I yell. I grab my right fist with my left hand and swing it backwards, hitting him... well, you know where. He doubles over in pain, letting go of my hair and I bolt into my room, lock the door, and stand in front of it. Soon though, he's pounding on the door making it shake.

     "Open this door, now!" I scream as the door bounces against my back.

     "No!"

     "Now!" I hate to do this. I get out my cell phone and try to text but it's just too hard with my dad pounding on the door, so I call. He answers on the first ring.

     "What's up?" He asks calmly. I scream into the phone as my dad shakes the door again.

     "Open this door right now, or I'll force it open!"

     "What was that?" He asks innocently.

     "Yeah right! InuYasha help! He, he's out of control! Ah! You have to hurry!" I hear InuYasha growl.

     "I'll be there as soon as I can. You realize, if he's hurting you, I probably won't be able to stop myself." I nod my head.

     "I don't care! Just please! I'm scared. Ah!" The door has hit me in the back so much I know it'll bruise. "Hurry!" Right as I yell that, the door breaks. "Aaaaaaah!" I yell falling to the floor. In seconds, my dad is on top of me. "InuYasha!" He rolls me over and starts hit me right across the face.

     "That mutt can't help you!" He yells slapping me again. He rips my shirt off, pulls out a knife, and drags the blade lightly across my chest from shoulder to shoulder. Even though he barely touched the blade to my skin, it cut through as though it were paper against the worlds sharpest scissors. I bite my lip so I don't cry or scream. InuYasha, where are you? I hear the front door slam open and I scream so InuYasha knows what room I'm in even though he could probably smell my blood soaking the carpet. "Finally! I get a reaction from you!" Next thing I know, something shoves my dad off of me, sending me rolling a little bit. I look over and see InuYasha. He saved me. InuYasha turns around to make sure I'm okay, but I cover up the worst parts before seeing his eyes turn from their usual white and amber to completely red with blue irises, his fangs and claws lengthening, and purple stripes across his cheeks. He's transformed into a full demon. InuYasha turns around again and goes into a full rage on my dad.

     "Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" Before I know it, my dad, or what's left of him, is in six separate pieces. I walk slowly to InuYasha who's still shaking.

     "Inu...Yasha?" I ask quietly. I reach him, grab his shoulders, and make him look at me. When I'm sure he's alright, I hug him so tight I'm surprised he could breathe. That's when I feel something cold slide down my cheek. I pull back a little and, before I can, InuYasha wipes away the cold thing holding it up to me. I feel my eyes widen in shock. I look up at him and see him begin to switch back.

     "You're crying." He says with a smirk. "It's normal." I shake my head.

     "Not for me it isn't." He chuckles and grabs my shoulders. I instantly put my arms over the long wound knowing for sure it will scar. Well, there goes bikini tops. I think sadly. InuYasha rolls his eyes and gently pulls my arms away before scowling. I hear a deep growl from the hollow of his throat.

     "InuYasha, it's just a scratch. I'm fine." I'm not really fine. I start feeling dizzy from blood loss and look at the floor. "Dang it! It's gonna take forever to clean that up!" And it will. If I had to make a guess, I'd say about a quart of blood is on my carpet. I start swaying on my feet and InuYasha carries me to my bed.

     "I'm so sorry, Kagome. I really am. I'll stitch this up." He says before leaving to find a first aid kit. He returns and starts sewing me up.

     "When did you become a doctor?" I ask trying to lighten the mood. He shrugs.

     "I just like to be prepared." I nod.

     "InuYasha?" He looks up at me.

     "Yeah? What is it?" I smile weakly.

     "Thank you."