Wrong Turn Turns Out RIght (Ch. 14)

InuYasha's POV

After school, I drive Kagome to her place and walk her over to the well. She looks at me and smiles, big as can be.

"I... I can come?" I smirk and nod. She smiles even bigger, then jumps up and gives me a huge hug. I catch her as soon as she hits me and hug her back. She pulls away, blushing, and gestures toward the well. "Shall we?" She asks. I nod.

"We shall." I take her hand and help her stand on the edge. She gets her balance quickly and clings to my hand purely for moral support. I look at her and roll my eyes. Chicken. "Come on. We don't have all day!" She looks at me and nods hesitantly, before jumping in. She lands on her feet seconds before me and stands up. I jump out of the well, scaring her nearly half to death. She glares at me, icily, from the bottom of the well. I chuckle. "That glare of yours? Looks pretty pathetic. Not working, now come on!" She looks around the well for a moment before closing her eyes and jumping straight up into the air. She flips in the air and lands on her feet next to me. She takes a deep breath, stands up, and opens her eyes, gasping at the sight. She looks around, a huge smile lighting her face.

"It's... beautiful!" She looks all around her, taking in every inch of the meadow. "The flowers, the trees, everything! It's incredible!" I laugh at her and she turns around, glaring. "What?" She asks, harshly.

"It's not that big a deal." She suddenly looks sad. "What's the matter?" She looks at me and shakes her head, looking around again.

"This is where you two went, isn't it?" I look at her puzzled. "You were here, all this time, and I couldn't even sense you two." It suddenly clicked. She was talking about me and Kikyo. I don't have time to reply, because right at that moment, I smell something... evil. No... "InuYasha? What is it?" She touches my arm and I look at her.

"Naraku. He's a demon... evil, totally psychotic. He wanted Kikyo..." I trail off there and can't help but notice a sad look on Kagome's face again... along with fear. I grab her shoulders and make her look at me. "Don't worry, Kags. I won't let him get you." She shrugs out of my hands and looks towards the smell. She smells it too. The demon showed up then and Kagome's eyes widen at the sight of him.

"Well, well, InuYasha. Another human? Tsk. You should know better by now." I growl, menacingly, at him.

"Step away now, and no one gets hurt." He chuckles darkly and returns his attention to Kagome.

"You're not a human, are you?" Kagome shakes her head no. "Hmm. Interesting. What is your name, girl?"

"Kagome. Now, back off before I turn you to ashes." He laughs at Kagome's threat.

"You bear a striking resemblance to that of Kikyo. However, your aura tells me you're the more powerful." Kagome crosses her arms and leans on one leg. I narrow my eyes. How dare he insult Kikyo!

"Obviously. I'm surprised it took you this long to figure it out." I look at Kagome in shock. What the h**l is she doing? "If you're so powerful, you should've sensed it a mile away." She looks at Naraku, challenging him. I try to use Inu on her. What are you doing! He'll take you if you say that! I see her nod out of the corner of my eye, so fast I almost missed it.

"Is that so?" She nods.

"Mhm.." She replies, never once leaving each other's gaze. I look at Kagome as though she is a different person. Maybe she had changed more than I thought.

"In that case," He turns his gaze to me. "Keep your precious Kikyo." He turns his attention back to Kagome. "You're coming with me." I step in front of her.

"Over my dead body." I feel Kagome's glare on my back while I see Naraku's. He shrugs.

"Very well." One of Naraku's tentacles shoots towards us and I pull out my sword, Tetseiga.

"No!" Next thing I know, I'm on the ground, and Kagome has one of Naraku's tentacles wrapped around her waist, being pulled/dragged to him. I get up and start to run, only to be slammed back. I look in front of me and notice Kagome's pink barrier in front of me. "No." She whispers. Stay with Kikyo. You'll be happier. Bye, InuYasha. I stare at her retreating figure in shock... she learned Inu. I shake my head and pound a hole into a nearby tree. I look towards the well and jump in. Time to get reinforcements.