Wrong Turn Turns Out Right (Ch. 10)

I do not own InuYasha... nor do I own "One Step Closer" by Linkin Park.

InuYasha's POV

The second I see her standing at the top of the staircase, I feel my smile drop and my eyes grow wide in shock. I know Kagome's pretty, how could I not notice, but right now she looks more beautiful than I'd ever seen her.

     "Say something!" She says, nervously biting her lip. I swallow even though my throat's dry. How can I do this without making it awkward?

     "You look..." I sigh. To think this beautiful creature... will never be mine. Never more than a friend. "uh, you look gorgeous." She beams at me.

     "Really?" She asks excitedly. She makes her way down the stairs, hand on the railing so she doesn't fall.

     "Yeah. Come on. We're gonna be late." I tell her with a wink. She smiles brighter, grabs my hand, and pulls me out the door.

Kagome's POV

We make it just in time as the last opening performers, Paper Tongues or something like that, finishes up their set.

     "UGH! I hate being short! I can't see anything!" I yell. InuYasha smiles, grabs my hand, and starts leading me to the front. We're literally right up on the gate. I feel a huge grin spreading on my face.

     "Better?" He asks. I nod making my hat fall. InuYasha laughs and bends over to pick it up and places it back on my head.

     "Thank you!" The lights go out and we hear every single person in the room screams at the top of their lungs. "Oh my God! It's starting!" InuYasha just laughs at me causing me to smack his chest. He pretends it hurts and I stand up straighter knowing that I "hurt" him. He puts his arm around me and kisses the top of my head.

     "Thanks for taking me." He whispers in my ear. I could barely hear him but say you're welcome. Linkin Park gets on stage and the music starts. I scream like a little girl and InuYasha laughs again. Guys are so weird. 

I cannot take this anymore

I'm saying everything I've said before

All these words they make no sense

I find bliss in ignorance

Less I hear the less you'll say

But you'll find that out anyway

Just like before...

InuYasha looks at me and just smiles. I smile back. Why can't you love me? Why does Kikyo always have to be in the way? Why won't you kiss me?

Everything you say to me

Takes me one step closer to the edge

And I'm about to break

I need a little room to breathe

Cause I'm one step closer to the edge

And I'm about to break

I find the answers aren't so clear

Wish I could find a way to disappear

All these thoughts they make no sense

I find bliss in ignorance

Nothing seems to go away

Over and over again

Somewhere in the middle of the verse, InuYasha started talking to some random guy beside me. I look him over and don't hate what I see. Longish black hair tied back in a ponytail, nice muscles, green/blue eyes, all in all, he's pretty hot. InuYasha yells something in his ear that I can't hear, when Ches Bennington walks over to stand in front of me! He reaches out to me and as I reach out my hand, I feel four other hands grab me, one on either side of my legs and one on either side of my back, and lift me up to grab Ches's hand! He smiles at me before letting go. I look down and see InuYasha and Hot Guy holding me up. I smile at both of them and they smile back. I lay down on the crowd and Hot Guy's friends, all of them equally hot, reach up and hold me up as well. I signal them to set me down and they do right next to InuYasha. I give Hot Guy a kiss on the cheek and he blushes as his friends all yell and grab him by the shoulders hooting and hollering.

     "Thank you!" I yell.

     "Don't mention it. Alex." He reaches out his hand. I extend mine and shake his.

     "Kagome." He smiles and I give InuYasha a huge hug.

Just like before

Everything you say to me

Takes me one step closer to the edge

And I'm about to break

I need a little room to breathe

Cause I'm one step closer to the edge

And I'm about to break

Shut up when I'm talking to you

Shut up, shut up, shut up (2x)

I'm about to break!