Chapter 62

Emma's POV

Having Aiden's arms wrapped around me and pulling me tighter against his chest was everything I thought it would be and more. Indescribably, it was perfect.

He tugged at the ends of my hair, angling my head back so his tongue could sink into my mouth, tasting and teasing, sliding with mine. His teeth grazed my bottom lip as I straddled him, knees on either side of him. My fingers dug into the black strands of his hair, pulling him, drawing him closer to me. A low groan rumbled through him as I lowered myself lower and lower on his lap.

"Emma," he rasped, layering kisses down my jaw, my neck. My name on his lips was a plea fanning goosebumps over my skin. Fingers trailed from my face down to my ribcage, finally settling on the curve of my waist with a rugged, possessive grip. My hips rocked against his, asking for more, much more.

"Emma," he called again, the desperation in his voice doing unspeakable things to me. "If you want to stop...."

"No," I shook my head hastily, consumed by the way our bodies created such friction. "I don't want to stop, Aiden."

He kept his eyes focused on mine as his hands slipped under the skirt of my dress, raking up thighs. With a gasp, warmth crept through my spine, knotting itself low in my stomach. It was an instruction, a demand to feel him everywhere.

He parted his knees, bringing me to sink deeper, lower, wider over his open hand. This broken man knew how to hold me like he was starved, kissed me like he wanted to get drunk on the taste of me.

My unsteady fingers fumbled with the buttons of his shirt, popping them open one by one. But, my movements stilled when his touch sent ripples of pleasure over my skin, my veins, all the way down to my bones. I threw my head back, and a single moan left my lips, calling his name. I tried to cover my mouth to hide the sound, but he pulled them away quickly.

"I want to hear that sound," he hummed, sending more waves of bliss around me.

He circled and stroked until pressure began to build between my thighs. "I need to hear that sound again, Emmeline." The deep grate in his voice pulled me closer to oblivion. I could feel it everywhere, reaching those corners of me that hadn't been touched in so long. I ground my hips against him, and a whimper escaped me. Aiden shuddered under me, his mouth catching mine again, drinking in every breath, "I want to hear you over and over."

It was when he squeezed me down on his thighs that I felt him for the first time. I felt him through those dark slacks pressing into my backside. I gasped once more when there was more of him touching me. I spilled his name in sharp breaths, the sweet edge slowly reaching me. But then he stopped. I felt empty.

"This won't do for me," he said.

"Aiden....." I begged for him.

"I know, sweetheart." His hands manoeuvred us around. One minute, I was on top of him, feeling him. The next, I was on my back, fisting his bedsheets as he kneeled in front of me, head hanging between the cradle of my thighs, tracing every seam with his warm tongue.

I could barely breathe as my stomach hollowed out. I was invigorated by him. So captivated and thrilled, on the verge of losing myself. My back lifted from the bed when he sucked, but his palm gently lowered me back down, laying me flatly.

"So sweet," he declared. "So perfect."

My heart clenched at his words of gratification. Every limb singed to have him closer, to kiss him, to touch him.

"That's it, sweetheart." His thick, honeyed voice vibrated against me. His tongue lapped over me in a painful rhythm, the perfect spot. My pulse spread everywhere. I felt it resounding in my ears, pushing me impossibly close to that blissful edge until every limb tensed, and I fell into an eruption of elated darkness. Just the timbre of his voice was enough to send me over.