Chapter 35

Aiden and I were locked in silence. His eyes were glued to mine and neither of us could look away. We were so close.

"Emma?" A voice called from around the corner, approaching us. "Emma- oh... sorry. I- I didn't realize... sorry."

"Impeccable timing, William." Aiden glared at him.

Will ignored Aiden's remark. "Emma, you should get back to class. Professor Lyn changed her lecture. I thought you'd want to be there."

"Oh," I slid my gaze to Aiden.

The last thing I wanted to do was walk away from him. I wanted to feel his hair run through my fingers and the warmth of his lips cover mine. I wanted my skin to ignite under his touch the way it tended to do around him.

"He's probably right." Aiden cleared his throat and looked away, "You should get back."

His fingers slowly slipped from my face until hands dropped to his sides completely. Then, he stepped away.

I wished he didn't step away.

"Can we talk after your class?" He asked me.

"Emma, we have to go." Will interrupted.

"Shut the hell up." Aiden snarled, his jaw tightening.

"I don't know if it's a good idea," I told him.

"Please?" He added, pleading.

"Okay."

"Okay," He echoed my answer, satisfied. "I'll wait for you here, then."

I slipped back into the classroom with Will. He wore the strangest look of amusement on his face, yet didn't say anything regarding Aiden and me.

We sat through the class as we would normally, taking down the usual notes and explaining to William the things which he didn't understand. He even shared things with me that I had missed during the lesson - he found that particular fact surprising.

"You don't give yourself enough credit, Will. You are smarter than you let yourself believe."

"I appreciate the attempt at flattery, but we both know I am as dumb as a bag of rocks when it comes to this subject."

I cackled loudly. "You are not dumb."

"My grades would suggest otherwise." He laughed and then turned to me after slipping his bag over his shoulder. "Do you want to grab some coffee?"

"I need to talk to Aiden."

"Right." He chuckled, his amusement from before reappearing. "Are you two like... a thing now?"

"I don't know," I told him honestly.

"He's like secretly obsessed with you." He laughed out loud.

"Be serious, Will." I pushed him playfully.

"I am being serious! That guy hasn't left you alone since you met. And the way he looked at you before I walked in?" His eyes were wide with excitement.

"Before you ruined the moment?" I chuckled.

"So it was a moment." He smirked.

"I thought you hated Aiden."

I pulled my bag strap over my shoulder, watching him figure out what to say.

"I do. I despise everything about the dude, even the idea of him."

"But...?"

"But I also saw the way you looked at him." He smiled. "You don't even smile at food the way you smile at him. And you like food. A lot."